Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been unable to find any info on disabling the horn beep when locking my PCW...anyone out there have this info? :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would love to know this too. Ideally, it would NOT honk when locking, but WOULD honk when a door is ajar and you try and lock it. Currently, mine is opposite of my preferred behavior. My guess is this is too specific a request.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I asked Dealer to make NO-Horn Sound ( lock-unlock) before I sign all buy papers.
They made it.

·
Registered
428 Posts
My 2015 gasser built in early 2015 only flashes the lights when locking and unlocking. Perhaps the horn feature can be turned off by the dealer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got my 2015 PMC this past spring. The inability to disable the horn-on-remote-lock really annoyed me. Looked in the owners manual; the Uconnect 5.0 section says it can be done! Called FCA many, many times. Got a case manager assigned to me. Finally, after about 4 months, she informed me that my vehicle is missing the chip that would allow it to be disabled. This chip would be present if the vehicle had been ordered with an certain type of alarm. I asked for compensation due to the discrepancy between the owners manual and the vehicle (there are a couple of other things that are missing from the Uconnect system). Got some oil changes and my spare tire kit paid for.

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Big NO

I use my PMC as a camper. If I am in a campground and get out at night, and want to re-lock, I disturb other campers. Took my PMC to the dealer who looked at it. My dealer said that there was no way to make the change.. even after insisting that others on this forum have been able to force the issue.. or get compensated

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought my PMC off the lot. So I needed to add auto start as an aftermarket item. Hooking it up disabled the horn honk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went to three different dealers and work with Promaster staff in Colorado. Answer, it can't be done on 2015 models. We camp, and would like to silence the FOB, but no can do.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Guys, I have a simple solution. Just use the key in the keyhole to manually lock it. You'll hear the locking sound but no horn or lights flashing.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,748 Posts
A simple fix would be to add a relay that has the coil connected to a circuit that turns on when the van is running. The switch contacts on the relay would then be connected in series with the + wire to the horn.

Car running = horn works like a horn should.... car turned off = horn will not sound when arming alarm (or when you hit the horn button)

Just a thought...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Seapro,
Why do you refer to your PMC as "gasser"? I just bought a 2015 with 36,660 miles on it. The van is like brand new and was maintained and taken care of. However, I'm not getting the expected mpg I was hoping for. The computer says 19.1 mpg average but I calculated 17.6 mpg at the pump this morning. My driving in San Diego is at least 50% freeway at 65-70 mph. Are the early models less fuel efficient?

·
Super Moderator
10,853 Posts
Because he posted it on the City side of the forum by mistake. He has a full size Promaster.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Guys, I have a simple solution. Just use the key in the keyhole to manually lock it. You'll hear the locking sound but no horn or lights flashing.
My '16 honks also with the key and the push handle on the drivers side honk, honk Please someone find a way

1 - 15 of 15 Posts