Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I can just use the key to open the front doors but using fob to unlock cargo doors makes the flashers flash...I don’t require such visual fanfare, especially at night
can I turn that feature off?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not that I know of. What I do walking up to my locked van at night (when wanting to keep a low profile) is open the driver door with the key, then sometimes I just enter there and pass through the seats to the back. Otherwise I use the lock/unlock toggle on the driver armrest for the slider/back doors, or just open the back with the key, hop in and go out the side slider. If I want to lock everything before hitting the sack at night I use the under-dash button - you usually have to hit it twice as if there's anything unlocked the first time it unlocks everything, second time locks everything. None of these options sets off the outer lights on my van. As with any of the behaviors on this van, you just have to experiment with all possible options as yours may differ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great tips...thanks for reply...I have the bench 3 Seater so jumping in back is difficult...
any way to remove the headrests? I tried but it won’t release..I could jump over the bench seat

·
Registered
135 Posts
My 2014 just flashes lights once when I unlock. Never beeped the horn. My 2007 Mustang used to put on a light show by comparison! Unlock the stang and everyone in the campground sees it!

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don't know for sure , but I think you can go into the "engineering" ap in the radio (?) and adjust the lock settings . My '16 just flashes lights . I was thinking of putting an end to that if I was stealth camping in the (s)city . But won't have the van get broken into again so no (s)city .

·
Registered
108 Posts
I used the beep on 2nd press selection, so I still have the "HONK!" option. ;-)
How do you turn this on? I have a 2019 and it does not make any noise. Its very difficult to tell if it has locked when walking away and clicking the fob.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I like that the lights flash. Especially when I'm headed into a store and too far away to hear the locks click, when I'm not sure if I locked it or not. Also, before bed, if I'm not sure I locked it, I can look out the window with the clicker and the only way I know if it locks is by the flashers.
If not drawing attention or simply trying to be considerate to other campers is the goal,...if there is no way to disable the flash through the radio settings,...I wonder if there's a way to wire a manual switch into the circuit. Then you can simply turn them off while parked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Great tips...thanks for reply...I have the bench 3 Seater so jumping in back is difficult...
any way to remove the headrests? I tried but it won’t release..I could jump over the bench seat
I have the bench too. There's a little latch at the bottom of the headrests, so they do come out. Makes it easy to climb from back to front - good in case you need to make a nighttime getaway without going outside to get to the driver seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the bench too. There's a little latch at the bottom of the headrests, so they do come out. Makes it easy to climb from back to front - good in case you need to make a nighttime getaway without going outside to get to the driver seat.
Thank you, you’re right!
I just Rick Rolled into the cargo hold of my silver jet...I’m keeping the walls as is and just hanging wool blankets for insulation. Doesn’t get cold enough here anyway
No more opening the slider at night
I have a step stool to get over the seat to and from

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can stop the horn from tooting when locking on the uConnect menu there is that option (at least on my 2020 there is) but I haven’t discovered any way of turning the lights off while locking - I doubt it!
Where on the menu did you find this? Main menu or in engineering?
I have looked before on my 2017 but have not seen the option.

·
Registered
301 Posts
In Uconnect settings touch Doors and Locks, then touch Sound Horn with Lock. There are 3 options, Off, 1st Press, 2nd Press. It's on page 292 of the 2019 PDF User Manual, yours may vary.

Edit - looking through the 2017 User Manual they don't show any detail so not sure you can do it: Progmable Features - Ram Promaster 2017 User Manual [Page 85]

You'll just have to give it a try and see if it's there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts