Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a youtube video of a buildout out of Europe that has an AWESOME dinette setup. There was a removable table fitted between the two front seats. When they were swiveled in, it made an awesome dinette.

I was going to copy that exactly, so wanted to know what swivels were being used.

Anyone seen the video? Is that person on here? I saved a screencap and thought I bookmarked, but of course I can't find either now.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
They are CTA swivels available from swivelsrus.com or from Europe by private message to KOV who knows how to get them.

·
Super Moderator
10,218 Posts
Yes, RD and I just installed these swivels in my van this morning! After almost 100k miles & 4 years Mrs. KOV decided she wanted them. They work extremely well and the whole job was less than 2 hours. They do raise the seats but about 1 ½" but I like the extra height as I am only 5’7" and I don’t have the extra parcel shelf. If I were taller & had the parcel shelf I would want the lowered bases also.

The swivels are about $700 a pair, inc. shipping, if you get them from a US vendor. I got them from the U.K. for $448, inc. next day air shipping!

As RD said PM me for more info if you’re interested ;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet! PM sent. I need to get the lowered bases too. Too bad they are always out of stock. Kinda stoked on getting this dinette together.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,547 Posts
I remember asking Winston the dinette between the swivels question...seem to me he predicted a knee-banging situation....even supplied a picture.

His post is here: http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=384162&postcount=41

Ed, no such luck. We adjusted the seat backs to the 'vertical', then tried to slide the seats away from one-another only to discover that the seats were already at their ends-of-travel (fully back or, as rotated, as close to the driver's and passenger's sidewalls as they will go). See photo.

Looks too tight to me

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
It would work if the table was moved towards the rear of the van some and the seats were turned about 120º instead of 90º so you weren’t facing each other but were about 60º to each other. Capiche?

·
Registered
386 Posts
It would work if the table was moved towards the rear of the van some and the seats were turned about 120º instead of 90º so you weren’t facing each other but were about 60º to each other. Capiche?

Another possibility is the table closer to the dash? i.e. past the 120 deg seats - not sure if the image will display here...

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,547 Posts
Si, capisco!

I'm used to seeing them in bigger RVs where they have 8' width to deal with.

Looking at table legs, I've found that these have a low profile base that would work well for the PM... doesn't require a hole recessed in the floor.

Sequoia table leg system

Thinking of this for the center of my slider area so I could put a table between the end of the end of the couch and my pseudo-swivel passenger seat.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Si, capisco!

I'm used to seeing them in bigger RVs where they have 8' width to deal with.

Looking at table legs, I've found that these have a low profile base that would work well for the PM... doesn't require a hole recessed in the floor.

Sequoia table leg system

Thinking of this for the center of my slider area so I could put a table between the end of the end of the couch and my pseudo-swivel passenger seat.
I installed one of those for our dinette table. I like it. A little bit of a PITA installing it on top of the ribs (some screw holes landed right on the edge of the ribs no matter how I rotated it) but it's as stable as a single post table will be. I ended up padding up the mount under the table another 1 1/2" to give me a little more leg room.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
One of the first things we did after getting the van was to test the legroom with the factory swivel seats facing each other. Definitely not enough legroom to maintain marital bliss. Our current table plan involves a DIY swing-arm similar to the Lagun Table, with the seats angled like the photo in post #10 above.
http://www.lagunusa.com/
A DIY version
I envision mounting the post on the inside front corner of the cabinet behind the driver. The table would swing out of the way over the countertop to facilitate our getting in/out of the seats. The arm and table would also be removable. But I haven't worked out the exact 3D geometry yet.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
When I was in the planning stage, I assumed I would make a table like that. Then when I serendipitously ended up with pull-out tables, I abandoned the idea. I'm back to contemplating.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I took a run at something like this a while back. I was attempting to visualize a table that rotated, swiveled and folded over to create a barrier between the seats that blocked the dogs from getting into the cab. The design had to serve too many masters, and I eventually gave up and fell back to individual fixed fold up/down tables.

I got interested in structural pipe to implement such a table, as threaded pipe fittings and especially black iron pipe seemed heavy and problematic. Lowes stocks a line of structure pipe fittings in their stores that is interesting to play with to explore the possibilities. I never bought any of it, but I sure did spend some time in the store trying out various pipe and conduit in the fittings. The biggest problem I had was that it locked into place with allen set screws and it made it hard to come up with a way to hand-tighten it. I considered ideas like epoxying allen keys or t-handles into the set screws, or drilling and tapping holes to fit standard wing screws and knobs and such like you might use in t-track systems for woodworking.

Anyway, here's a link to structural pipe fittings available at Lowes. It's usually near the threaded pipe.

https://www.lowes.com/pl/Structural-pipe-fittings-Pipe-fittings-Plumbing/4294506723

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I was in the planning stage, I assumed I would make a table like that. Then when I serendipitously ended up with pull-out tables, I abandoned the idea. I'm back to contemplating.
Have you experienced some downside to the pullout style table MsNomer?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Two suggestions for this set up. 1. round the table corners? 2. Butane stove:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts