Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
New guy here with long term plan to do a relatively simple conversion. Elevated bed in back, bike storage, and ideally removable passenger seating.

Playing with layouts, and have read meany of the posts on this site.

What I haven't found is actual drawings of the cargo dimensions of the various wheel bases- particularly 136 and 159.

I figure they must be somewhere, and wonder if somebody can pont me in the right direction.

Thanks-

HH

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
nice graphic!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Why is the load floor length dimension much shorter in the upper graphic?
Because of Cargo wall. Seats tilt back a bit. The floor specs are correct on the lower pictures.
But seems a little short on the first pics.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup. Helpful, thanks.
Any idea how wide the door opening is?
I figure somebody must have it sketched out on grid paper.

I am still a ways away from the project, but it is going to happen, and reading all these build threads has been inspiring.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Wonder why sliders are so wide compered to old vans? It is so a forklift truck can load a standard pallet of cargo in through the side. For long vans two pallets can be loaded from the rear, the limit of reach for basic forklifts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you're not going to do a kitchen etc in there then the 136" Hightop would work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
We have a cooktop and plenty of counter space in our 136 (even a low roof!). No sink, but we wanted a seat back there instead. It's all about priorities.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,682 Posts
If you're not going to do a kitchen etc in there then the 136" Hightop would work.
??? I've got 52" of counter in my 136". I could make this one 5' or so and add another 2-3' on the other side if I wanted. Some people don't have that much kitchen in their stick-and-brick.

·
Registered
370 Posts
??? I've got 52" of counter in my 136". I could make this one 5' or so and add another 2-3' on the other side if I wanted. Some people don't have that much kitchen in their stick-and-brick.
The OP did not list a kitchen area as a need. Of course you could fit something. His question was what size van for his listed needs. A 136" could easily meet his goal, especially if he didn't want a kitchen area.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
We are considering a PM136 R&D build and would love to see some layouts.

Thanks,
Hein
DIYvan.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts