Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Promaster 2500 with the gas engine with 3000 miles on the van now. I have noticed that the airbag and brake light are both on very dim and stays on after the van runs through its start up diagnostics. The van is not showing any error codes. The lights are unnoticeable during the day due to being very dim. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've decided to return to this issue. I tracked down the ground locations in the dash from a Fiat Ducato training manual. I am going to try and clean the grounds to see if this eliminates the problem. It looks like this is a common problem on the Ducato but is usually fixed by replacing the instrument cluster or having the LED's removed and new LED's soldered on to the board. Has anyone else had an issue with dim warning lights that are not actually on?

·
Registered
2014 promaster 2500 159wb
13 Posts
Bringing this post back from the dead. Did you have any luck resolving this issue. I have a 2014 and currently have 2 dash lights that are very dim. Have not been able to find any info on a fix.
thanks
Joe

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No luck cleaning the ground. From what I’ve tracked down it’s has to do with poor quality LEDs in the circuit board of the instrument cluster. There is a company in the UK that will replace the LEDs with new ones. The other option is to replace the instrument cluster with a new one and have it cloned.

·
Registered
832 Posts
the word trickling down that I heard was weak diodes allowing back feed, on my 2014 turning on the cruise control pushes five warning lamps to light with two of them more than half brightness, enough to not use cruise control driving all-nighters due to freaking out seeing them over & over...

Care to share the ground tab locations?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts