Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a member of a big italian biker forum and there's a guy that is an expert in electronic engine managements. I understand that he go everywhere there's something difficult to adjust... For example he developed the complex engine management of the Ducati Multistrada but he worked also for main german car manufacturers.
Now I understand he's working on a little new Jeep and he just finished the setup of the Promaster diesel.
I think somebody was not able to do the job and they call this guy to resolve the issue.
He said that somebody at the top (il maglioncino) is very hurt by the delay...
Anyway the production of the Promaster diesel will finally start in April...

·
Registered
180 Posts
They had to mold the bodywork for the Multistrada in color. Paint won't stick to anything that ugly. :D

http://www.webbikeworld.com/ducati-motorcycles/multistrada-1100/

I'm a member of a big italian biker forum and there's a guy that is an expert in electronic engine managements. I understand that he go everywhere there's something difficult to adjust... For example he developed the complex engine management of the Ducati Multistrada but he worked also for main german car manufacturers.
Now I understand he's working on a little new Jeep and he just finished the setup of the Promaster diesel.
I think somebody was not able to do the job and they call this guy to resolve the issue.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Diesel will be great, only downside is that towing capacity and the load it can take might be less. Great if you don't have some high weight demands. I guess if that's the case there's always the sprinter.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It'll be interesting to see how many diesels sell vs the gasoline model. Since there seem to be some who are waiting on the diesel.

Time for America to show if it truly loves diesels.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alarmguy... the 1200 is not so bad.
The Multistrada 1200 was the first motorcycle with an advanced combination of engine and suspension electronic settings, but the most challenging thing has been to adapt the nervous Testastretta engine to a touring use...

·
Registered
166 Posts
ah yes the little Jeep based on the 500X, did he happen to mention what it was going to be named :D

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy doesn't speak too much... In Italy they show the prototype to the Melfi plant workers.
Somebody says Jeepster...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Alarmguy... the 1200 is not so bad.
The Multistrada 1200 was the first motorcycle with an advanced combination of engine and suspension electronic settings, but the most challenging thing has been to adapt the nervous Testastretta engine to a touring use...
It's all relative. Anything would look like Sofia Loren next to the 1100. What I find profoundly disturbing is Ducati let the same visual sadist who designed that monstrosity remake the 998. One look at the 900ss should have been ample warning. Required Promaster content: The PM is a veritable swan next to anything Terblanche has ever had a hand in. I saw a silver one with the silver grill upgrade yesterday. Not bad. I wonder if the Fiat grill will bolt into the PM.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are right...Ducati paid for years Terblance...and Terblance wasn't Tamburini...
Now I don't know who has designed the 1198, but I think It's awesome...
About the last Ducato, in 2006 I don't like. Probably I don't understand it.
Too modern and rational. Now I like it and have one...

·
Registered
180 Posts
You are right...Ducati paid for years Terblance...and Terblance wasn't Tamburini...
Now I don't know who has designed the 1198, but I think It's awesome...
About the last Ducato, in 2006 I don't like. Probably I don't understand it.
Too modern and rational. Now I like it and have one...
I think it was the same guy who styled the D16.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts