Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Build Your Own site today and noticed that the diesel option has gone up to $4,500.

I'm headed down to Florida next week to visit my parents and found a dealer local to them has a 2014 with the diesel option. I'm hoping to have the time to go test drive while I am there.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you get a chance to test drive the diesel please shareyour thoughts on the van. If youre able to take an extended drive try the D auto mode first and then switch to M manual mode. In manual mode if you lift your foot off the throttle as you would when shifting a manual you'll notice very smooth perfect shifts!

Dealer cost for the Diesel option is $3,500!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I test drove the diesel as soon as they had one on the lot.

At first, it drives very different than you'd expect. On my test drive I accelerated up a hill then eased off the gas as I approached the summit. Since it's an automatic manual, the monkey under the hood didn't down shift as I would have if I were driving. After switching over to M the experience was much smoother.

I ended up purchasing the vehicle and have since driven it around town and on the freeway for many more miles and I've realized if you drive it slightly more aggressive than I did on my test drive it behaves as you'd expect in D. Don't ease off as you crest a hill and it down shifts perfectly. It does keep the RPMs lower than I'd expect in most situations.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts