Ram Promaster Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
How did you get it "fixed"?
I went on ebay and found someone who could work on it and take care of the emissions system for me. Worked great, I actually fried my ecu like a dumb ass (forgot to unplug the battery) when I took it out of my van and he was able to copy over my van info to a new ecu. That was a few hundred dollar mistake on my end.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 118" wheelbase 3/15 build Mexico
310 Posts
I went on ebay and found someone who could work on it and take care of the emissions system for me. Worked great, I actually fried my ecu like a dumb ass (forgot to unplug the battery) when I took it out of my van and he was able to copy over my van info to a new ecu. That was a few hundred dollar mistake on my end.
Finally someone will talk about it. Did you just keep it stock?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi - I am basically trying not to do this if I don't have to - But the day may come and if I do - it would be nice to know the person/group on ebay that can do it ;-). thanks Locosan

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes - I'd love the info also. PM would be fine. I HATE thinking about this, but I need to know my options.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Right now I'm in the process of straight piping it. I put in the ecu and just haven't gotten around to removing everything on the exhaust yet. I'll go ahead and DM y'all the information. If anyone else wants it just let me know!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the intermittent code here and there but I ignore them and they go away after a few key cycles.

I'd love to know of a delete for these: I live in a state where diesel vehicles are self inspected.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All newly registered members MUST make an introductory post in the Introductory Post Forum as per forum rules https://www.promasterforum.com/forums/promasterforum-com-introduction-section.122/ Please be aware until you do make the required introductory
Right now I'm in the process of straight piping it. I put in the ecu and just haven't gotten around to removing everything on the exhaust yet. I'll go ahead and DM y'all the information. If anyone else wants it just let me know!
Do you happen to still have the info for the delete?
My Promaster has been a disaster. Engine blew under 100k miles and it’s like a ticking time bomb whenever I put any DEF in it as to when the light will come on. Usually I can drain it and put some back in and it works (no idea why that works since the original DEF wasn’t old but whatever).

Now, we got the dreaded countdown and the draining didn’t work. Had to take it to a dealer and we are waiting in a hotel (it’s a self built campervan) and it’s going to be a big cost based on just labor rates.Even the dealership says they are a huge pain/disaster of a system. We can’t afford the possibility of having to keep bringing it in every time we put DEF in it.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts