Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good person to install a Webasto heater near Denver/Boulder or near Santa Fe? I was holding off in the hope that they'd bring the European model, which adjusts for altitude more easily, to North America, but I talked to Webasto North America and they said no. So I think it's time to get this done, and it's not a moment for me to do it myself.

·
Registered
338 Posts
While it *looks* intimidating, it really is a pretty straightforward install.

Vanlife Customs in Denver can certainly install them, as can Colorado Camper Van in Fort Collins. You can also call around some of their dealers, which are essentially truck shops.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The instructions and threads on this forum made the installation look very difficult, but it was actually super straight forward. Webasto support was also really fantastic when I called them.

·
Registered
182 Posts
While it *looks* intimidating, it really is a pretty straightforward install.

Vanlife Customs in Denver can certainly install them, as can Colorado Camper Van in Fort Collins. You can also call around some of their dealers, which are essentially truck shops.
One of the two quoted me $3000 for the diesel heater ($800ish) with install :eek::eek::eek:

They didn't want to touch the gas model... I'm in Denver as well. I was looking to have someone else install it just for a warranty on the work. $3000 IMO is way to much when $2200 of it is labor for a 4-8 hour job?

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,688 Posts
From Klunytoons: "Rush Truck Center in Denver installed mine for $300 flat." Recent thread from bcsmitty that they were going to match her price for him.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Vanlife customs is an espar dealer, they recommended the espar b4 for the 159 and quoted me $2500 with altitude adjustment for the kit and an extra $850 to install. You can buy the B4 kit with altitude adjustment for $1600 from heatso.com

I emailed VLC back to see why the large price discrepancy. Hopefully it's not just their markup...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts