Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals,
Hopefully you can provide some clarification for me..I ordered a 2500 159" towards the end of Sept.. I contacted my dealer today to check on it's progress (as in where is it already!). The only information his system gave him was that it was "In sequence" any ideas what that actually means?

I am in Canada by the way.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
It’s dealer speak for "We don’t really have any idea at all but maybe in another 8 weeks"

Reactions: DCGH

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It’s dealer speak for "We don’t really have any idea at all but maybe in another 8 weeks"
That doesn't make me feel better :(, I guess it's my fault for ordering with most of the weird options :) Patience is a virtue they say.......

·
Super Moderator
10,873 Posts
Unless you order some very unpopular color I don’t think the options make much difference in time. They seem to group similar paints together some people have posted and that makes sense.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I believe "in sequence" means that it is in D1 state. See http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=228080#/topics/228080

That should mean your dealer can get both a VIN and a build date. Just because you get a build date, don't assume it will ship immediately after. My build date was June 30, it spent a month in "body vendor" (JB) then was "ready to ship" (KZ) for another month. It finally arrived almost 11 weeks after it was built, and that seems pretty typical. Maybe longer to ship to Canada too.

·
Premium Member
8,845 Posts
I ordered the sandstone pearl which is one of the more unusual colors. I was told they wait to paint any non-white color until they have 10 vans to do. My Van took 16 weeks to arrive at the dealer. Don’t expect yours in much less time, perhaps the end of January. Be patient your dealer should get a VON then a VIN and a build date. Mine was just a few days over a month from build date to delivery.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe "in sequence" means that it is in D1 state. See http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=228080#/topics/228080

That should mean your dealer can get both a VIN and a build date. Just because you get a build date, don't assume it will ship immediately after. My build date was June 30, it spent a month in "body vendor" (JB) then was "ready to ship" (KZ) for another month. It finally arrived almost 11 weeks after it was built, and that seems pretty typical. Maybe longer to ship to Canada too.
I asked the dealer if it had a vin number yet, he said he wasnt able to provide that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ordered the sandstone pearl which is one of the more unusual colors. I was told they wait to paint any non-white color until they have 10 vans to do. My Van took 16 weeks to arrive at the dealer. Don’t expect yours in much less time, perhaps the end of January. Be patient your dealer should get a VON then a VIN and a build date. Mine was just a few days over a month from build date to delivery.
I ordered the Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat is that classed as an unusual colour?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts