Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My del light came on. Dash flashed a message about def service see dealer.
Made appoinment dealer states the pump and injector are bad. They are going to be replaced under warranty. Took my cargo trailer to tire shop for new tires and they saw the light hook up to it and they replaced a pair of fuses. Lights off but haven't driven it but a few miles it's back at dealership today for warranty work. Will see What They say?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wow - fuses open... here's maybe a hint for others too:

Returning to Twin Cities, MN. at Belvidere Oasis on Illinois Turnpike I got the DEF service - see dealer message on restart.. and then got the mileage countdown.

Note to anyone who gets that message - speed limiting occurs on engine restart or refueling ONCE the counter counts down its 200~ miles once the 'see dealer flag' has been set. One can drive the tank empty, you have 20 or 30 miles before the countdown started so get tank filled ASAP. I was 340 miles from home. I was carrying DEF just waiting for the low DEF signal so promptly added 2-1/2 gallons. The Belvidere Oasis restart was a fuel stop so I pointed my i-Van towards our home dealership and called my salesman.

Made the service bay doors at 5pm, offloaded vehicle contents to another truck, got phone call 11AM the following day to pickup i-Van. They said an electrical plug/socket lock had never been fully engaged from the factory and had finally parted and so had set the error condition. I'd never added DEF and the mileage at time of service was 9,200.

Got to love 'Business Link', they pulled a Promaster off their lot and tagged it for my loaner though I had to decline as my relief driver has no night vision, she went to tears just thinking of driving back to base in the dark. Business Link also had my PM 'i-Van' in a service bay that night & techs on it by 7AM the following morning.

There is a stamped thin sheetmetal shield under the DEF tank, I saw that had been pulled by the service techs - for all the self Wrenchers out there it might be worth the effort to pull and check the weather-tight connections BEFORE it throws an error code...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts