Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just checked my local upfitter - they called the factory about availability. Probably they will have something for the Promaster early next year. The catalogue got ahead of the production. Should cost $200-$300 for a 136 bed. BedRug has a good reputation for quality products, the shop told me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the BedRug product embedded in another thread here & thought it deserved it's own topic so as to be more easily found.

Am surprised & disappointed that what's advertised for ProMaster is not as yet available. Seems to be a pattern.

Thanks for the heads up. Wonder if anyone else has already gone into production?

·
Super Moderator
10,196 Posts
When Sprinters first came out it took about five years for the aftermarket people to catch up! I would expect with the Transit and Promaster out here now the market is bigger and they can adapt from other models easier but it's all about $$$$. There are fewer Promasters out there than Sprinters or Transit so we have to wait ;(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are these available yet? I see options on the site, but it's a bit confusing since for the 118" wheelbase they list an option 2 and then another size with dimensions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have a vanrug in mine, so yes they are available

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just ordered one from an authorized online dealer autoanything.com for 175.15 free shipping. will update when I get it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you both get the rug or mat? How do you like them? If either of you have the mat, do you think it would work as underlayment for flooring?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just got some high density carpet padding and a big piece of commercial grade carpet for mine. Took an afternoon to cut to fit and held down at the ends and sides by strips of alloy doorway edging and self drilling screws. $80 for the whole project.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's $224 for the mat for the 118 before discounts which sounds like a fair price to me considering it's custom fit and fills in the uneven floor without me having to resolve it myself. Just curious what others think about it who have it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have the rug, it does not go completely to back doors, it's just short of them. I assume so a guy can use sill plate back there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Bedrug review and fire test

I received my bedrug today and installed it. It is made of an open cell plastic (looks like foam but its stiff plastic) with a layer of automotive carpet on top. The red line on the pic is to show the thickness of the foam vs the carpet. It was a very nice fit but I did have to trim around the b pillar cover (upfitter fuse panel cover) and the drivers side b pillar cover on the opposite side, but it trims easily with knife or scissors. I took one of the small trim pieces and lit it with a lighter. It was slow to catch fire and when it did, it went out itself without spreading.

I had heard about people recieving the bedrug folded and having creases and so I emailed the customer service and requested it be rolled not folded and they replied back and told me they would. It came rolled. I dont think the crease would show on top though. I also installed some L.E.D lighting afterward and found the bedrug quite comfy to crawl and walk on. The carpet top feels fairly soft too. It is quite light in overall weight so wont add to fuel usage. I havent driven with around yet but Im sure it will help with noise reduction. the temperature insulation properties are obvious.

The yellow lines show how the thickness changes on the rib

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
The carpet is more like a speaker box carpet than an automotive carpet.

Not sure who said they fold them but they rolled the one I got.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Bedrug Vanrug

The Bedrug Vanrug is a great product; I had one in the Ford TC I recently traded for my PM. Easy on the knees, keeps cargo from sliding, and cleans up with a vac. Still looked like new after 2 years, but I wasn't hauling greasy or muddy stuff. Ordered one for the new PM and hope to install it soon.

Note Bedrug is the brand and Vanrug is the mat with the carpeted face that is the subject of this thread. Bedrug also sells a hard-plastic faced mat named Vantred but I found that to be too slippery and cargo slid around. Vantred would probably fare better than Vanrug on the greasy and muddy stuff though.

Lastly, I also found it very difficult to find any discounts on Bedrug products; retailers seem to exclude their products from promotions. However after some research I bought mine from AutoAnything, who applied a small discount to the order when I expressed my disappointment their promo code did not work.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I went to Lowes and got some hi density carpet padding and some commercial grade office carpet. Cut to fit and held down at sides and ends with aluminum door strips and self tapping screws. Easy installation. Helps insulate and hold noise down as well! Total cost was about $60.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts