Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a dealer in the pa / new Jersey area that will actually try to diagnose and repair my diesel promaster?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
227 Posts
what's wrong with it? In my area there are 5 dealers about 20-25 miles from me and another 5 within an hour or so drive. Some will not work on promaster, and most said they will not do any warranty work. i found 1 that was willing to do warranty work; the van would sit for weeks at a time waiting on answers from fca.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here it's been sitting for a week waiting for answers I open a case with fca they tell ms my dealer has no cases open with them it wasn't a pretty scene today.. only while driving on the highway the electronic throttle control light comes on and I primarily get a turbo boost code. Sometimes it happens right away the longest it took was a 170miles of straight driving but I would do it daily atleast 10 times a day. Once the electronic throttle control light comes on it goes to a limp mode and can only drive 30mph roughly only way to clear it is to cycle the key.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
It would be helpful to know the build date (drivers door?) and the actual code # if/when you get it in. Early diesel vans were cured by a flash of the computer but occasionally there are bound to be component issues. Very few 2015-2016 year built diesels had emissions codes, but there will be some. You do need to get it in to a good service department.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the 2nd dealer i brought it to (my dealer i brought it from) the orginal dealer i brought it to honestly was nicer to deal with and contacted fca non stop but they would not give me a rental/ loaner. That's why I brought it to my selling dealer... if I ever get my van back I'll post that info

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cel codes are P00AF
Twice I have gotten at P04DA
and atleast once (I stopped checking the codes constantly)
P226C

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
P00AF- Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Module Performance, you don't have a supercharger so it’s a turbo code.

P04DA- Closed loop EGR control. limit reached - high flow detected

P226C- Turbocharger (TC) boost pressure control A - slow response

What are they telling you? What are they proposing to do? Do you have a born on date? Is it prior to 2/2015? Has your van gotten the latest computer update?

In the vans that have had the EGR valve replaced it has not fixed most of those vans. We have had a few who have had a turbo replaced and one seems to have been fixed by just that. The computer updates became the go to solution for FCA and most vans with EGR codes were cured. Sorry to ask so many questions but it would be helpful to get to why your van is throwing codes and what fixed it. Good luck finding a great service department, they are out there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So far nothing... I've given the dealer tons of freeze frame data. They refuse drive it further then 40 miles (it rarely happens that soon) they claim they did some checks that star requested and came up with nothing. So since they can't replicate the problem they say they can't do anything. But they can't replicate it Cuz the refuse to drive it a long distance on the highway... I now have the owner of the dealership getting involved tomorrow morning.. this all started the 3rd day of driving it at 757 miles

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,254 Posts
If you have an early model I would check for corrosion on the electrical connectors associated with those parts and check gnd wires.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
So it isn’t a computer update problem unless it is a new type of issue. Expect to get a component and given those codes it might be an EGR valve. There is always a loose wire/bad ground possibility which showing up with it in limp mode or with the code active will help them get to the bottom of it. Emissions issues in 2016’s are rare, perhaps one other here. Thanks for the update and when you do find out.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tech from star came out and told the dealer to replace the turbo. Should be done this afternoon.... hopefully I'll have my van back so I Can make some money with it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yesterday Got a call saying it was taking longer then expected. Then today got a call saying they didn't order all the gaskets and fittings needed.... maybe Tuesday which will make it 3 weeks! Ugh.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
They can't spell or use grammar either.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shockingly van is still not done there new excuse is they are having trouble getting the turbo back in....

·
Registered
538 Posts
Shipping a bolt from Detroit?! Jesus H Chrust..... No Fastenal branches near them? Studs are not rocket science.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,254 Posts
curious, are you going to keep the van after the power train warranty period is up?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll hit the warranty in a few months if i ever get iy back... I have no faith i this vehicle I drive about a 100k a year

1 - 20 of 44 Posts