Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealer says you need to buy the whole mirror assembly if you need to replace just the turn signal lens! He shrugged and said blame fiat.
Anyone know where to get an American promaster version lens? I ordered a ducato lens from Latvia and it uses a colored bulb and the promaster uses a clear bulb. I may have to calm my OCD down and use the euro unit, but thought I would ask first.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
search car-parts.com and find a junk yard with a promaster and give them a call I'm sure they will ship one for less than dealer new.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or eBay... I've seen mirror units on there often!
Thanks. I'll keep a eye out for the correct part, I just need the lense.
I bought the euro lens from eBay, shipped to California in a week. Ill probably just install that one and move on. If it bugs me it's different I'll just get a matching one for the left. I wanted to re-badge it to a ducato anyway.

·
Registered
171 Posts
For the Fiat Ducato there are two versions of the lens, the one You found all clear, but there is also one with the amber (some write orange) insert.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,480 Posts
Is this the correct one, it's up to you to confirm.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Door-Mirro...1490485353&sr=8-50&keywords=fiat+ducato+parts

So the dealer says you need to buy the whole mirror assembly if you need to replace just the turn signal lens! He shrugged and said blame fiat.
Anyone know where to get an American promaster version lens? I ordered a ducato lens from Latvia and it uses a colored bulb and the promaster uses a clear bulb. I may have to calm my OCD down and use the euro unit, but thought I would ask first.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the Fiat Ducato there are two versions of the lens, the one You found all clear, but there is also one with the amber (some write orange) insert.
Thanks, mjab I do like the clear one, but with an amber bulb really looks the same. I should have paid more attention.

Thanks kilwerbzz, yes that is the proper lens. I have learned quite a lot from this form an knew someone would have the soulution. U.K. amazon, I never would have thought of that. I ordered it $40. I'm sure it would have been more from the dealer if it was available. Maybe next time I won't get so close to those parked cars, Now off to do some more U.K. Amazon shopping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts