Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 136" Low Roof in ID
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was finally able to see and test drive a Promaster today. It handles much better than I expected for a big van, and the turning radius is awesome!

Unfortunately, my local dealer doesn't have any PMs in stock and didn't seem very interested in finding me one. The sales guy at the dealer I visited today was fine about showing me a van and letting me drive it around a bit, but then he got squirrely and rushed me off with the suggestion to come back another day and he'd see about placing an order. Huh? Was the van I just drove not for sale?

So, any suggestions for a more helpful dealer? I'm in southeast Idaho (Pocatello), so something within a day's drive or so would be great.

TIA

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

We purchased our 2500 159 Gasoline High Roof from Mountain Home Auto Ranch a couple of months ago.

Pretty good experience. Felt like we got a fair deal.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ron Sayer in Idaho Falls it the dealer that I use, mainly because they are the only service department for the Promaster. I've been satisfied with their service so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Larry Miller had a large inventory a month ago when i bought my 2nd PM They are in Sandy Utah

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mountain Home usually has a few and did when we drove by last week. Had issues a few years ago and the Ram dealer in Twin Falls was very helpful on my 15 Diesel, didn't see any there last week but really wasn't looking either.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,001 Posts
Hi,
I'd at least check the prices at Dave Smith -- they seem to advertise some stellar prices.

A ways from you, but maybe worth checking on.
No idea how they are to deal with.

We bought ours at dealer 140 miles away because they had the van we wanted, and have it serviced at the local dealer -- they don't seem to have any problem with us not buying from them.

Gary

·
Banned
207 Posts
Recommended Promaster dealer

Hi,

I just picked up my 2018 159 gas Promaster from Tuttle Click Dodge in Irvine CA.
Long ways but you never know.

They sell all over the country. I was extremely pleased ordering over the phone with the fleet manager, Kent Harr (949) 598-2750.

Unlike all the other dealers I called, Kent took my list of options and gave me a great price. Took delivery this week and only surprise was that the $1000 factory rebate of October 2017, he somehow use the limited $3000 rebate in effect when we took delivery. Yes we love Kent. The man is honest and easy to work with.

My name is Santiago and I live in southern California preparing to convert my new van.
if you have any further questions email me. [email protected]

Santiago

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

I just picked up my 2018 159 gas Promaster from Tuttle Click Dodge in Irvine CA.
Long ways but you never know.

They sell all over the country. I was extremely pleased ordering over the phone with the fleet manager, Kent Harr (949) 598-2750.

Unlike all the other dealers I called, Kent took my list of options and gave me a great price. Took delivery this week and only surprise was that the $1000 factory rebate of October 2017, he somehow use the limited $3000 rebate in effect when we took delivery. Yes we love Kent. The man is honest and easy to work with.

Will share my experience tonight - based on the above I contacted Kent and provided my list of 'must-haves' and nice-to-haves'. I don't know him from Adam, and have no association with the dealer (I'm several states away). I did tell him I was prepared to visit him in SoCal, which is true. Back up a bit - I've been looking for a pretty specific PM for about two months and have been disappointed numerous times by various dealers. My search had expanded to include about half the US. Who knew spending money would be so hard... Anyway, Kent was patient, made note of my asks, then an hour later emailed to say that he had a van that might work, but had also done a US-wide search, and a closer match was enroute to a dealer in Oregon. He suggested I contact them directly. He didn't need to be part of that transaction. Leave him out of it. So now I'm in the process of negotiating with the other dealer. I'm hopeful we'll reach a deal. I am pretty certain if I had just called the other dealer I would have had a sales person just glance outside on the lot, and received a 'no' answer. The dealer was surprised that I had the VON and VIN numbers.

The point is that Kent was incredibly helpful, even when it wasn't in his interest. Good guy, and a good resource.

Over and out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts