Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You folks that have issues with your PM and lost use of it, has the dealer compensated you at all?

I just talked to the service manager, they're hoping to have mine together tomorrow and possibly back to me on Friday. My first payment is due on Monday the 15th, out of the 30 days I've owned the van I have use of it for seven of those.....I also ended up renting a RV this last weekend for a camping trip we had planned...

Has anyone had the dealer step up? Do I need to call FCA???

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
You'll likely have to go through FCA. My dealer placed all the blame on them during my transmission saga. I talked to them (FCA) for covering my truck payment and rental car insurance. As a rule they do not cover insurance costs. I urged them to reconsider- they paid 1.5 months of loan payments. Get them on the phone and get the ball rolling.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Which dealer did you buys yours from?

I bought mine from Beck in Palatka. They are reasonable, even though you have to do most of the leg work to get work done.
Orange Park Dodge is a worthless Commercial dealer. They will keep your van for 2 days just to do an oil change.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which dealer did you buys yours from?

I bought mine from Beck in Palatka. They are reasonable, even though you have to do most of the leg work to get work done.
Orange Park Dodge is a worthless Commercial dealer. They will keep your van for 2 days just to do an oil change.
I drove past Beck (more than once) and got mine from Bill Bryan in Fruitland Park. Yeah, it was a drive, but they have been great to deal with(all things considered) Beck tried to sell me a van with the CEL on and no clue how to fix it. Also, it had dent in the hood, right in the crease. Their solution was to put a bug deflector on it to cover it. (True story) >:D

I did NOT have a good experience with OPD on my first call. I doubt if I'll give them another chance.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ya the guys at Beck just do the Good 'Ol Boys thing and expect for everything to wash out. I still have to get mine over to them for brakes, squeaky rear door and a few other little things. It is a pain driving an hour to 1.5 hours to get service on these things. I finally argued with them that I dont have time to drive back and forth, the stuff is so small it just needs to be fixed...this was after an oil change gone wrong. Make sure the O-ring is seated properly on the cartridge filter after any oil change, if not you will dump all your oil. :). Now they are willing to fix everything because they feel bad that I broke down on I-95 because of the o-ring issue.

Reactions: Quest4Adv

·
Registered
186 Posts
You folks that have issues with your PM and lost use of it, has the dealer compensated you at all?

I just talked to the service manager, they're hoping to have mine together tomorrow and possibly back to me on Friday. My first payment is due on Monday the 15th, out of the 30 days I've owned the van I have use of it for seven of those.....I also ended up renting a RV this last weekend for a camping trip we had planned...

Has anyone had the dealer step up? Do I need to call FCA???

Thanks
I was without my first van for 5 months, got a free oil change from the dealer and the dealer got a new svc mgr..lol

FCA made two payments for me while it was down even though the issues were really caused by the dealer. Ultimately my van was replaced, FCA provided numerous options and a 7/100k bumper to bumper warranty on my new one.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm supposed to get my van back tomorrow (Wait, seems like I've heard that before) They've had it since 1/26. I can't wait to see the service order sheet to see what's been done and replaced... Service guy said they had to take one side of the van apart to replace the wiring harness.

I opened a case with FCA and today I'm sending off the Lemon Law notification form to FCA. It's been out of service for more than 15 days and in Florida that's one of the triggers, so let's see what happens.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sucks man, I read your saga.

I really hope I'm not headed down that same road. As I've mentioned before, I've been pretty fortunate so far with vehicles over the last 30 some years. I hope this isn't my turn with the PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts