Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my Roadmaster in December. Delays have occurred but it was finally completed on 02/26/2014. The dealer provided me with a "Vehicle Shipment Status and History as of 03/10/2014 which shows the van was released from the plant on 02/26/2014; however, the current status is "On Hold" and the dealer pretends to be clueless as to why he cannot get the van delivered from the factory. Can anyone shed some light as to why this might be happening? I have a feeling I am not getting the full story. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I ordered my Roadmaster in December. Delays have occurred but it was finally completed on 02/26/2014. The dealer provided me with a "Vehicle Shipment Status and History as of 03/10/2014 which shows the van was released from the plant on 02/26/2014; however, the current status is "On Hold" and the dealer pretends to be clueless as to why he cannot get the van delivered from the factory. Can anyone shed some light as to why this might be happening? I have a feeling I am not getting the full story. Thanks in advance.
Maybe it is because you ordered a fictional vehicle so they gave you a fictional delivery date. I hope you didn't pay with real money though. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Sorry, Promaster, it's been so long I forgot what I ordered. Understandable.
I jokes set aside.

RAM told me that they had all the parts in stock and were building my PM on 2-1-14. I called 2 weeks later and then the story was build on 4-17-14. Luckily I have close friends at Chrysler and it was starting production last week. Bottom line is RAM has a new vehicle and getting materials for it may be tough. Not uncommon with a new launch. Keep calling RAM customer Service at 866.762.4636. You must have a VON or a VIN when making the call. Good Luck, you will need it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My counterpart at a Dodge store told me that the Promaster is only coming in via truck which can't keep up with the launch orders. I know Nissan had to spend a bunch of money getting special rail cars for transport but even still we had trouble getting product at the start too.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Here is my guess...

I worked as an Automotive engineer for several companies, so I know how factories run production.

Production doesn't stop for any one vehicle. Your Van could have failed final inspection. When that happens, it gets kicked to rework group. There it will sit until the reject reason is fixed.

Now lets assume it got held waiting on a part or parts. Maybe a better part! One without problems, where the part might be supply constrained.

At the bus plant I once worked at, we had more busses in the rework yard, than shipping when the **** hit the fan on an order for the city of Chicago.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is my guess...

I worked as an Automotive engineer for several companies, so I know how factories run production.

Production doesn't stop for any one vehicle. Your Van could have failed final inspection. When that happens, it gets kicked to rework group. There it will sit until the reject reason is fixed.

Now lets assume it got held waiting on a part or parts. Maybe a better part! One without problems, where the part might be supply constrained.

At the bus plant I once worked at, we had more busses in the rework yard, than shipping when the **** hit the fan on an order for the city of Chicago.
The "Vehicle Status and History" entries are:

Completed
Scheduled for build 11/21/13
Built pending inspection 02/24/14
Ship to storage 02/26/14
Plant release (KZ) 02/26/14
Current
On hold 02/27/14
Future

Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 03/12/14

It seems they are stuck on the "On hold" status for some undetermined reason.

·
Registered
151 Posts
That's why I didn't order one. The local dealers told me back in January that an order would take 5 months from February for a total 6 month waiting period! Whatta joke. Whatever happened to 4-6 weeks? They offered no satisfactory answers. Their priority is to obviously sell the inventory sitting on their lots. I then went on the Chrysler website & checked out the "build it module". Found a match out of state with all my options & some, for a much more competitive price. They even delivered it to my driveway! Only sacrifice was the color. I wanted the granite gray but settled for white...

PS: Now if I can just get 'em to replace my d*mn Uconnect 5.0 system...

·
Registered
151 Posts
The color was black from day one on the forum so I thought it was just the forum default. I see some of my older posts are white now that I go back & look at 'em yet my newer ones are all in black text? I never manually manipulated the text color. Who knows? I do see that there is a text color option in the text box along with some other editing tools. Anyone know how to edit your posts after the time-span editing limit? Thanx Dwight...

·
Registered
887 Posts
Having the vehicle on Hold could mean they are cracking down on shipping vans with problems. Yours will be RIGHT :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome to my world. I ordered mine back on 11/13 and was first told, "after the first of the year". Then it was 3/26. Now it will not even be started until 4/6. In my case, I think the dealer is on the level, but his factory rep along with Ram customer assistance are first degree BS artiest. CYA at its best. The factory rep tells the dealer one thing and customer assistance tells me another. I told my dealer if it goes beyond the 4/6 date then I may as well skip it and order a 2015. I ordered my Promaster fairly loaded, and I think that was the problem. Ram's website and dealers were offering things that their assemble line was not ready to build. I just wished that they had told me the truth from the start.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The "Vehicle Status and History" entries are:

Completed
Scheduled for build 11/21/13
Built pending inspection 02/24/14
Ship to storage 02/26/14
Plant release (KZ) 02/26/14
Current
On hold 02/27/14
Future

Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 03/12/14

It seems they are stuck on the "On hold" status for some undetermined reason.
For what its worth, when I first had a 3/26 delivery date that came and went, I emailed customer assistance. They said that they would NEVER give a delivery date until the van was shipped. I would ask them how you got a delivery date if its hasn't shipped yet? Did it fall off the truck or something? My guess is you will get everything but the truth.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts