Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,053 Posts
I don't know or even care. I'd disable them if I did. If I want my lights on I'll turn them on! There is a setting on my uconnect 5 to turn them on so perhaps I have them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have them. But since the pm turns off the headlights when the key is removed from the ignition, I usually end updating the regular lights on always. ( my old van had automatic headlights. Old habits die hard)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I ordered them come to find out left off of build list. Does anybody know if the non daytime running lights can be replaced with daytime running lights/housing/assembly? I am sure there is a wiring harness behind these that has an extra plug/socket for the extra bulb needed for illumination?

·
Registered
424 Posts
The DRL uses the bulb position at the bottom towards the middle of the vehicle. I will just about guarantee that there are not two different headlamp housings nor two different wiring harnesses.

See if that bulb position actually has a bulb in it. It may have been left empty but the socket will still be there. If no bulb, see if there is wiring to the socket. If it has wiring but no bulb, put one in and see what happens. If nothing happens, probably the DRL have to be enabled in the lighting module. Should be accessible through the diagnostic network ... you just need the software; this might require the dealer.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The DRL uses the bulb position at the bottom towards the middle of the vehicle. I will just about guarantee that there are not two different headlamp housings nor two different wiring harnesses.

See if that bulb position actually has a bulb in it. It may have been left empty but the socket will still be there. If no bulb, see if there is wiring to the socket. If it has wiring but no bulb, put one in and see what happens. If nothing happens, probably the DRL have to be enabled in the lighting module. Should be accessible through the diagnostic network ... you just need the software; this might require the dealer.
The housings are different. The standard lights don't have the smaller DRL lights below the headlight. The wiring harness is probably the same.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts