Ram Promaster Forum banner

Dash Emergency Brake light

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  RonRev 
#1 ·
I posted this 3 or 4 years ago but someone may have an idea about it now. This brake light on the dash is on all the time but very dim. Sometimes it will flicker to bright and I can move the emergency brake handle some and it will go dim again. I am wondering if there is a plug or something I can unplug and plug back in and it may be ok. I hope. Or I could take it to dealer. My warranty is expired now. This started when I had it towed once and the guy got in it and jerked the brake handle very hard. Never noticed it for a long time, but anyway, any suggestions?

#6 · (Edited)
You have a short in the dash cluster. The what ever module receives the signal from the switch and then the module sends an on or off to the dash cluster. If the light is dim it's in the cluster always on or off could be switch / wire or the module.
Edit: The cluster can all so be at fault for always on or off.
I suspect that when you play with the hand brake and turn the light on it temporarily fixes the short in the cluster.

Reactions: RonRev
#9 ·
After reading a bit I think the hand brake is direct wired to the cluster, it's one wire and will be a ground wire. So disconnect the hand brake switch if the light stays off then fault is in the switch side.

Reactions: RonRev
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.