Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like the two 12 volt power supply ports located in front of the single cup holder below the radio to always be powered even if the ignition switch is off. I'm thinking that they are operated using a relay to trigger power to them when the ignition switch is turned on. So if I could locate the relay and replace it with a jumper wire then power should stay on, what do ya think, will this work? And does anyone know where the relay would be located? I opened the relay box in the engine compartment hoping that things would be labeled but they are not. There are coresponding location numbers for everything but that doesn't help.

Thanks much for any and all insight on this!

·
Registered
258 Posts
It would be much easier to just rewire the existing plug or of course wire a new one. If you remove the lower dash panel under the steering wheel you'll find a fuse block.

On the right of the fuse block there is a thick, 8gauge or so red wire that's battery power. Simply tie into that with a fuse holder and ground to the chassis right above the block. If you'd rather go to the battery then that's pretty easy as well since it's accessible in the cabin.

Mitchell on Demand hasn't released wiring info four our vans yet. As soon as they do then I can post a little more info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Catalin thanks for the reply, I was originally going to do it the way you have suggested but then the relay idea came to mind has being a quick and simpler task without realy disturbing to much. What is Mitchell on Demand?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I slipped the service manager a 20 to print off service manual wire diagrams. This is on the lower end of my list of things to do. If I do get to it, I'll post my findings for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts