Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Welcome. There are lots of build threads here with plans that have worked out. I would suggest you plan lots and use CAD. Thats Cardboard Aided Design, get a few refrigerator or furniture boxes and mock up what you think inside the van and then ponder it a bit. Insulate with a product that won’t absorb condensation to about R-10 and decide if you want a campervan or a class B. The campervan might use a portable pottie, jugs for water and drain, portable stove and built in sink and refrigerator. A class B would have a compartment bathroom/shower, tanks under the floor, permanent kitchen and storage. Both would have a bed. It is now easy to have either without propane which can be a hazard by utilizing solar, batteries, and an inverter.
If your van is a 136 it will work better as a campervan. A 159 or Ext. can easily be a class B.

Reactions: Rich Maund

·
Registered
Promaster 2500
109 Posts
Your conversion project

Hello

New user from Québec. Almost ready to begin my promoter conversion to a camper
Bonjour Daniel,
I'm still working on my conversion (80% done) my word of advice: take a good look at Westfalia, it's based on the Fiat Ducato - Promaster here. http://www.westfalia-mobil.net/en/modelle/modelluebersicht/modelluebersicht.php
In MHO this is the most effective use of space. I did my drawings with a simple program called Omnigrafle, even if I have Autocad.
Make sure you have a well equipped shop with tools and enough space to handle plywood.
I got most of my supplies from Amazon.com, Home-Depot, RONA and IKEA.
But before starting I protected the whole vehicle with anti rust POR 15, inside and outside, plus a rubber coat underneath.
I purchased a composting toilet instead of a porta potty, I don't like using chemicals or disposing of them.
I also winterized the vehicle and my plumbing is all inside as I intend to use it occasionally in our crude winter (I'm in Gatineau).

Please feel free to contact me to share ideas, en français si vous voulez.

Salutations

Rafael

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,526 Posts
Oh, if we could just get our hands on some of that trim molding!!

Certainly, Westphalia has gotten it down to a science, but don't blindly fall into step until you have considered your personal needs/wants and other options described here and elsewhere. That's why we do our own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts