Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to replace rear side panels with custom Windows. The panels are behind the passenger doors in the city wagon.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on windows for rear side panels

Checked with local custom shop and also with dealer in Atlanta who checked custom shops in that area. Have not found an oem replacement window maker for these panels.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Delta between Promaster City vs Doblo with quarter window

I have considered adding the rear quarter panel window glass to my Promaster City. However, after studying photos of current Doblo Maxie models with the rear glass, I have decided against it. The rear quarter panels for the glass models are different stampings. They have an additional depression pressed into the opening that the glass sets down into. It looks like a factory glass install would entail a bunch of additional work to make it fit. Notice the additional depressions in the sliding doors. As far as installing windows in the sliders, I suspect it would be straight forward. Installing the flipper windows probably is pretty much a screw and bolt on operation once the solid panels are removed. That one could be worth looking into. Maybe source the whole parts kit from a salvage yard. Just remove old panels, install window weather seal gaskets, install hardware and Windows and your done. Power windows Not so much. They require a whole bunch more work to install switches, wiring and motor/regulator hardware. Also control module programming may need to be updated too. See photo for rear quarter window. This shows the additional depression in the stamping where the window is. It is a shorty, the Maxie photo would not attach. This shows shape better anyway.

I am liking the metal rear quarter sides more now. The SLT wagon is pretty rare on the road right now and people are noticing it and positively commenting on the way it looks. They see the name on the side and are a bit puzzled as to just what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Doblo rear quarter window

Here is a Maxie rear quarter view showing the different shape of panel stamping over windowless rear quarter panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would dig some windows back there, but what I'd really like are automatic windows for one or both of the back...being able to roll those babies down would kick a$$.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's exactly what I want too, Surfergirl. Seems like the only way is to order a custom build but I don't want to spend $28K to do so. I've been searching for a used wagon for months but have only found a few with the pop-out windows on the sliders. Let me know if you find one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts