Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a custom tablet mount for my Ford E250 last year and has worked great. It's the only mount I ever used that didn't wobble or eventually break. Here are some pictures of my attempt at duplicating the mount in my 2500:

https://imgur.com/a/U97Uy

It's basically two pieces of 3/4" x 1/8" aluminum (cut from a 48" bar) bent to the contours of the dash, with a flat section that attaches to the back part of a cheap folio-style case. The folio case holds the tablet securely and lets me easily snap the tablet in and out of the mount (I bring it inside at night, and put it somewhere out of direct sunlight while on a job). The folio case attaches to the brackets and the brackets attach to the dash using Command Strip velcro, making the entire thing easily removable without damage to the dash, and the brackets are easily removed and replaced should there ever be an issue with vehicle inspection (the tablet position does not block my view of the windshield or anything I could otherwise see through the windshield).

·
Registered
351 Posts
NICE, can you make me one???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It's a bit labor intensive - lots of measuring, bending, twisting, heating the bar, cooling the bar, straightening, re-bending/twisting - so I think I'll have to pass.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts