Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Promaster 1500 Cargo 136"
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing my recent bumper build. I've never been a fan of the front bumper/front end of the Promaster. I understand that our vehicles aren't made for any kind of serious off-roading, it doesn't mean I don't try 馃槀. I've been down fire roads with rocks and ruts that were big enough to catch the front end. The purpose of my build was to make something that had more clearance in front of the wheels while not extending further forward and taking away the limited approach angle we already have. I also wanted a bit of a tougher look, there are plenty of bumper options available for Sprinters and Transits, but not much that I can find for the Promaster that I like. I made this a full replacement of the stock bumper and it bolts up easily to the stock mounting area up front. I designed about 60% of this bumper as a vector file that I had laser cut and hand cut the rest. Thinking about adding a hoop at the top of of it where I can add a light bar. It might be a bit more open and exposed in front than most would like, but I do come from the desert pre running scene and like the open front end look. Having said that, I do plan to add a couple braces and maybe some panels to close it up a bit. Finally, I left the bottom panel removable so that I can go back in there and add a winch mount at some point.

Registered

Registered
I鈥檝e been thinking of building a custom bumper as well for the past year! You beat me to it! Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Promaster 1500 Cargo 136"
Discussion Starter #5
I鈥檝e been thinking of building a custom bumper as well for the past year! You beat me to it! Good job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! Let me know if you need some photos of the van with the bumper off to get some ideas kicking around in your hear or see were all the mounting locations are.

Registered
WHOA!!! Curious to see the final setup. Looks beefy as **** lol. Definitely unique. Ready for the mad max vehicle war or taking out a horde of zombies in the apocalypse!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts