Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curt model C13170 Class 3 500lbs Tongue wt/5000 lbs towing. Been installed on my 136" LR diesel about 9 months, used for hauling my dirt bikes but never actual towing. I needed something a bit stronger for piece of mind and opted for a bigger frame mount style to keep my toys secure. For light towing or bike racks ect this one is great, $50.00 located in Vancouver WA area. I'd rather not deal,with shipping it, so if your in the NW come pick it up or likely I'm up and down I-5 in your area soon and I'll deliver if your patient.

Attachments

·
Registered
538 Posts
That is the model Curt I have used for over a year. What made you think it was less than secure? I have been very happy with mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seemed like a bit to much flex when I had a big dual sport on the carrier, just wanted a bit more strength for hauling some of my bigger bikes. We also just sold our Class A toyhauler and at times I'll be towing a trailer loaded with bikes and gear that will be at the limit of the van. Bigger hitch for me adds a bit of wiggle room for load capacity. Definitely nothing wrong with these Curt hitches, just a personal preference to go with the frame style hitch.

Reactions: Rich Maund

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
BTW BillMac’s price is about a third of new, for a new looking hitch- killer deal for someone from the great North Wet.

Reactions: BillMac

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'd be all over that like a Duck on a June bug ! but we're a long way apart . I'm Nor-Cal on the 101 . I think I can get to the 5 , since Mr Van Too has nav.

Thanks, Ken

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm headed south Feb 15 or 16 and depending on weather may go the coast route down thru Cave Junction OR, I'll send a PM when I go if it's still available then.

Reactions: KNDLKSTMS

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold

Reactions: KNDLKSTMS
1 - 7 of 7 Posts