Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to install a Curt hitch for a hitch step. I remember reading that the hitch is very close to the exhaust.

Looking at my van today, I discovered a potential problem....the generator exhaust. The pipe itself looks low enough, but the support is in a place I think may be a problem. Can someone who has the hitch take a look and tell me what you think?

Also, for anyone with a hitch step installed, does it interfere with the back up sensors??

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, you'll probably have to move the mounting bolt, may go back after the hitch is installed. I bought the 36" GoRhino Rear step, and it doesn't set off the back up alarm. The step really need a 2" drop receiver adapter. On the factory hitch on a loaner I had for a month or so, a Reese 4" drop adapter was perfect in height, but it made the step stick out just far enough to set off the back up. When my new PM gets here, I'm going to have a buddy make me a 4" drop that doesn't stick out as far. The gen exhaust doesn't look like it will be effected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts