Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. In the past 10 years I have owned a 1990 VW Vanagon Syncro Westfalia, a 2007 Honda Element eCamper, and currently a 2003 Eurovan Weekender. Obviously I like vehicles I can camp and travel in. The Promaster seems to be an almost no brainer for me. The idea of a Sprinter 4X4 is cool but I seriously doubt I'll need the AWD very often. Honestly my Eurovan does awesome in snow and is FWD.

I'll be lurking and asking the occasional question.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I’m sure you’ll find the Promaster a far better fit to your lifestyle (and wallet) than a Sprinter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcomes. Hoping to find someone in the SD area who has built out a PM into a camper with a decent floor and ceiling. Need to get a feel for the headroom. It's the only thing I'm not sure of. I'm 6-2 and would prefer to not feel cramped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great story. I had a 70, 81 and finally 2001 VW Eurovan before moving to a 136 hightop. Had it for 30K so far, and looking forward to many more miles. I choose the diesel because I liked the manual option of the transmission. It's not the fastest off the mark...and I don't even think it's an option right now. If you have questions about my upfit (Van Specialties), I'll be happy to forward details. Good choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts