Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Van #2 2021 EXT
2,947 Posts
@aaronmcd

When I checked my 2018 the “C” pillar in reference to the van floor it wasplumb” to at least my counter top height 37”

So yes “straight” & 90 degrees from the floor @ waist height - at least the “C” pillar @ passenger slider

I think I was like KOV; a square & a tape measure. I do not recall performing any trig.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Crazy unrelated question, but do you remember where you got those green clamps? I have the same ones, but they're wearing out and I want to buy more, but don't remember where I go them. I like them better than any others that I've purchased since.

·
Registered
3500 159wb extended
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Crazy unrelated question, but do you remember where you got those green clamps? I have the same ones, but they're wearing out and I want to buy more, but don't remember where I go them. I like them better than any others that I've purchased since.
I think someone bought them for me for Christmas and I am pretty sure they came from a Harbor freight. I need to get a few more of those they’re very handy.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know that spring clamps are available everywhere, but I like those specific ones better than others that I’ve bought since. :)

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
1,095 Posts
The green handled ones seem to have gone extinct.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Here are a few hints I've concocted over the years:

Always work on your van at the same location. Exact same location.
Work out a set of plywood squares which you can drive onto which will level your van. This will take some experimentation. The squares don't need to be very big, maybe 2'x2' and you can make them bigger or smaller if needed. Cut a "handle" about 4" x 2" near one edge to make them easier to carry around. If they are more than about 1.5" thick, then bevel two opposite sides at a 45 degree angle to make it easier for the tire to get up on them.

Then that should get you pretty close to level. You can use a jack if needed for fine tuning beyond that.

So now you have your van level front to back and side to side. This makes it easy to use standard carpentry tools like levels and plumb bobs when doing your carpentry on the inside.

Then when you are through for the day, it's easy to drive off the plywood squares and pack them away.

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
660 Posts
This is the gizmo I came up with View attachment 74988
I was going to angle the fronts of my cabinets for aesthetic reasons, I did in another van and it looked great. They feel less intrusive. I tried 12.5° but was now thinking of going around 7-8°. Are you planning to angle the fronts and if so how many degrees?

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,008 Posts
I was going to angle the fronts of my cabinets for aesthetic reasons, I did in another van and it looked great. They feel less intrusive. I tried 12.5° but was now thinking of going around 7-8°. Are you planning to angle the fronts and if so how many degrees?
Doesn't angling them waste space? I'm doing mine now and thought about it but it seems it would just waste the space at the top-front/provide less shelf depth.

·
Registered
2017 - 2500 159
1,008 Posts
A small angle may not waste much space, but will it look "wrong"?
OTOH an angle might visually match the angle of the rear, assuming uppers don't go all the way to the back.

·
Super Moderator
10,864 Posts
Was that before MrNomer you got that new plumb bob for the holidays?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts