Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm waiting in the van, a man walks by and starts looking at the van, walking around it, etc.

So I open the door and say "Hi"...He's thinking about building a PM campervan and just wants to size things up. So we got into a discussion and cover some of the thoughts and ideas he has.

Of course I suggest that he joins the forum, and my delivery arrives!

(y) (y) (y) (y)

I still enjoy passers-by who stop to look and ask questions. After 6 years now, it just never gets old!

Hope others here have enjoyed similar encounters, and I hope this gentleman will join us as we continue with new ideas, old expertise, and everything else in between.

Happy Thanksgiving - and be safe!

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I'm kind of chatty (surprised?) and so a tour of my PM to strangers on road trips was a near-daily occurrence.

When visiting small towns I'm always taking pictures and asking the locals about the place and its surroundings. If they asked I would mention that I came via a DIY campervan. Interest was always peaked and so a tour often resulted.

The visitors were frequently left inspired to do something similar. :D

Reactions: Deryn

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same experience with the Amazon delivery guy yesterday. Noticed him taking pictures, so I shut down the tools and chatted him up. After hearing his story, I recommended a PM and this forum for further study. I’m not normally very social, but display an interest in the van and we’re kindred spirits.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Along with the Promaster, I have a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth, and while I was getting gas the other day a ProMaster pulls in to the adjacent pump. The driver was checking out the Fiat and asked what it was. (The Abarth doesn't have any Fiat badges on it). I replied that it was Fiat, designed in Italy, made in Mexico, and sold in the USA, just like your van. He looked at me funny, and a long conversation started from there. He thought that the Promaster was the same as a Sprinter. Not anymore I said........

·
Registered
2019 118" Silver
690 Posts
When out and about I get a few comments and/or questions about the van. Not long after I bought my short, low top last summer a hiking acquaintance saw it and got all excited. He had his wife check it out and they decided to go look at vans.

He drove the 136 but felt it was too big so held out a month or so (through the same dealer) and finally found and bought a white 118. It's also his daily driver and he loves it. They're slowly working on setting it up for a little travel & camping too.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Happens to us regularly, too. Since ours is debadged, conversations often begin with "What is it?".

·
Registered
169 Posts
I either get questions about it from construction guys at the gas stations that are considering it for work, or from others at campgrounds curious about the campervan lifestyle vs their RVs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts