Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We plan on having the three across seating and as such the cup holder at the bottom of the dash center panel is totally unusable and in the way of the center passengers feet. I see on the Ducato that panel is smooth with no cup holder. Does anyone know if I can buy a ducato center panel and just replace the Dodge one with it?

·
Registered
180 Posts
You mean the one one with useful storage vs 3 out of reach cup holders? Should be able to order from a European supplier, but sometimes, as with MBZ, the OEM blocks that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Also, if you can't get the part new from Europe, try contacting a salvage yard there. They're generally happy to ship stuff. It's not a big or heavy part, so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Hey RAM, why do I need three huge cup holders at my feet, rather than one modest one in easy reach on the dashboard?

·
Super Moderator
727 Posts
Cup holders seams to be a major problem in car design.

My Chevrolet Venture (2001 or so) had something like 16 cups holders : they were all over the place. They switched to 2 on the successor, the Chevrolet Uplander. These things were on a tray that kept falling apart.

And now, those unreachable cup holders on the PM that won't even hold my cup.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We have only one cup holder, probably because we use to drive for less hours...
Have you this one on the PM? I have seen that someone said that the writing pad is not usable so I figured out that the PM version will be locked and not pops up...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have found out a discussion on an Italian RV forum and the glove box costs 100€.
Any chance you have a part number or website? I would gladly pay to get something more practical than unusable cup holders that prevent anyone other than a seven year old from sitting in the center seat!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hmmmm, couldn't get either link to work. Down for maintenance maybe? Or maybe forum members have already bought them
Don't know if this was one of the links that didn't work but they seem to have plenty, will ship worldwide and it fits 2014 Ducatos....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-Genuine-Fiat-Ducato-2006-Middle-Center-Console-Glove-Box-Lid-/221393735353?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make:Fiat|Model:Ducato&hash=item338c184eb9#vi-ilComp

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hope they sell the complete sub-assembly, but I think so...
The second link works on my computer. It's used and seems to be complete.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Is that single high-mounted cupholder (opposite of the gear shifter) usable by the driver? Or is it simply too far away (making it passenger-use only)?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder what else is needed to make this work though on the PM. Surely there is a special hinge point for the bottom and it would need some sort of catch along the top for the latch release to close onto. I am honestly thinking we will just fabricate a diamond plate panel to cover over the useless cup holder panel we would remove.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think the box will come complete with the rear part.
Probably it's possible to remove the cup holder with the panel and simply replace it with the box sub-assembly.
Don't forget that 99% of the Promaster parts are the same of the Ducato ones and comes from Italy.

·
Registered
654 Posts
FIAT has parts catalog software called ePER. You can buy a copy relatively cheaply on ebay (worldwide).

Anyway, it looks as if the parts no. is 735577325 (#10 on the fiche)
There are other parts numbers but they were for older versions.

There is, I believe an associated bracket, part no. 1372873080 for the central storage unit, but if Chrysler adapted the cupholder to the FIAT dash correctly, then the bracket could be the same (#1 on the other fiche graphic)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has managed to snag one of these Ducato console panels? If so, where, and did it fit your PM?
What Ducato models and years would be most likely to fit a 2017 PM?

·
Premium Member
8,723 Posts
2006-2013? (possibly to present for the interior) is the Fiat equivalent but be warned FCA redesigned the PM dash from that one to have our heater/AC radio and clipboard controls.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts