Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen this problem?

3500 RV Cab / chassis V6 GAS 8,500 miles

When cruise control is activated warning lights turn on for:
Cruise control
Throttle control
DEF level ?? (interesting considering a gas engine)
Battery
Exterior light / lamp failure

Also noticed Promaster did not prefer to shift / stay in 6th gear while in drive, but could Shift in manual mode.

Fuel MPG display frozen @ 13.6mpg
So far that is all the items I was able to observe

When cruise control is turned off all warning lights clear as normal, but
Seems sluggish shifting into 6th gear / OD

RAM dealer is stumped, tells me that RAM tech support is cumbersome and slow process as dealer techs can only work with Promaster support experts via email, no phone support... so looks not to quick a fix

rfeng

·
Registered
53 Posts
Since it is easy to check, check tail light / brake light operation. I think the shifting issue is unrelated as our RV needs flat ground to stay in 6th gear.

·
Registered
121 Posts

Cruise control
Throttle control
Battery

Also noticed Promaster did not prefer to shift / stay in 6th gear while in drive, but could Shift in manual mode.

RAM dealer is stumped, tells me that RAM tech support is cumbersome and slow process as dealer techs can only work with Promaster support experts via email, no phone support... so looks not to quick a fix

rfeng
The symptoms sound like a ground problem.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer and tech support have run out of things to fix this problem, and now wants to change the instrument cluster, and tells me that my vehicle has to sit once part is ordered, replacement cluster needs to be programmed with my exact miles and other option info.. warned me it could be 30days or so to get the replacement cluster. Is 30days for this typical for cluster order and setup?
thanks

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just experienced a similar (but not exact same) issue. Turned on cruise control then noticed that both Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Indicator Light and Automatic Gearbox Warning Light were on (in a dim red), also the DEF light (in white). No other warning lights on. My PM is a 2014 1500, gas engine, a bit over 9000 miles. Also noticed that the engine RPMs seemed higher than normal for the speed I was going (under 55 mph). When I turned off the cruise control, the white DEF light went out but the red ETC and Gearbox lights stayed on for the remainder of the drive (about 10 miles). Will check them again tomorrow to see if it is still happening. Did you get any resolution on yours yet?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Update..After exhausting all the suggested fixes from FCA, the dealer ordered a new instrument cluster for my van, said it should arrive in less than 2 weeks.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had a kinda sorta similar problem. 2014 gasser. Anything over half speed on the HVAC fan would light the CEL and some other lights. After some minor hassle, dealer figured out that the one module (computer) connected to the body control module had a bad ground, and siphoning off power for the fan would freak the computer out. Seems to me you have something similar. Should be easy to find for a dealer, I would think. YMMV.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Cruise control
Throttle control
Battery
When in cruise, I also get extra lights: battery and airbag. This is an old post... any updates?

·
Registered
858 Posts
When in cruise, I also get extra lights: battery and airbag. This is an old post... any updates?
Been 5 years, I have no idea how or if this got resolved. One tip I can give is thst
It’s been 5 years, dont know if this got resolved.

Onr thing I can add is that most independant shops have long since upgraded their scan tools to include promasters. A deep reading tool will definitly shed light on what is causing this, since tbe computer knows why the lights are lit. Autozone or cheap scanners wont read deep enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Onr thing I can add is that most independent shops have long since upgraded their scan tools to include promasters. A deep reading tool will definitely shed light on what is causing this, since the computer knows why the lights are lit. Autozone or cheap scanners wont read deep enough.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Cruise control
Throttle control
Battery

rfeng

1 - 14 of 14 Posts