Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just received our CRL FW395R T-vent sliding door window. We eagerly pulled it out of the box to check it out. It's an impressive piece of glass and aluminum. However, we noticed a few issues.
First, the screen doesn't seem to fit flush against window. There is a raised weld on the frame that prevents the screen from fitting without a gap. Not a big deal, maybe a little foam around the screen fame will fix it up.
Second, when the awning is fully closed, it's not quite flush with the fixed window portion. Also probably not a big deal. Might not ever notice it once on the van.
Lastly, the trim ring is too long. Meaning it would need to overlap a tiny bit to have the holes in the trim ring line up over the slot the screws need to screw into. I could easily take half an inch off the trim ring and paint the edge. Every video and photo I've seen shows a bit of a gap between the two ends of the trim ring.
Am I being too critical? Have others seen this? I really, really don't want to have to send this back and wait two months to get a replacement. We will have two feet of snow on the ground by then. Appreciate any input you folks can offer. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Can help you on the first two items, but the trim ring on mine needed a small 1/4” maybe taken out of it to close the ring when snug around the frame

Our CLR was a non-vent in the sliding door

It fit great

·
Registered
2019 3500 extended, white. Stella.
38 Posts
I put in the same window into my slider and 2 more in the back,
one each side. I had to trim about 1/2inch off one of the back windows rings. The other 2 window rings were a perfect fit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the feedback. It sounds like having to trim the trim ring is not unheard of. I'll probably go ahead and do that. Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I did the window install today. I did in fact trim the ring about half an inch. That worked out just fine. In general the install went pretty well. The awning portion of the window not sitting quite flush is not noticeable. The screen not sitting flush with the frame of the window is going to be an issue I'll have to deal with at a later time. For now I'm pleased I cut a huge hole in my new van and managed to not mess things up too bad.

·
Registered
2019 3500 extended, white. Stella.
38 Posts
So I did the window install today. I did in fact trim the ring about half an inch. That worked out just fine. In general the install went pretty well. The awning portion of the window not sitting quite flush is not noticeable. The screen not sitting flush with the frame of the window is going to be an issue I'll have to deal with at a later time. For now I'm pleased I cut a huge hole in my new van and managed to not mess things up too bad.
I have one screen on one of my windows that just needs tweaking to make a better fit and stop a slight rattle. The clips all look the same but one of them just doesn't hold like the others. It will likely be a spring job now.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The awning portion of the window not sitting quite flush is not noticeable. The screen not sitting flush with the frame of the window is going to be an issue I'll have to deal with at a later time.
We 'discovered' the same problems with our CRL windows - - the vents don't close flush and the screen doesn't mate fully to the frame. We complained about the closing issue, but our complaint was apparently deemed to be "too picky" and was ignored. We've lived with the non-closure issue . . . as it's merely cosmetic. We assume that if noticed, it'll be assumed we got lazy and failed to fully close the window. Concerning the screen fit, we did install thin foam on the screens to lessen the 'cloud of small bugs' around our interior lights. Despite our best efforts we still get this 'cloud'. But it's not all bad, we then get to play the 'vacuum cleaner' game . . . to suck-up/out all those little annoying bugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts