Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the CRL awning window in the passenger slider and I find it really shakes/rattles when I close the slider. I have the window closed tightly but it still makes a "glass on metal" sound that worries me, to the point where I am thinking about applying a piece of weather stripping between the metal frame and glass.

Has anyone tried a mod like this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks
Shaun

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,074 Posts
Hi Shaun,

I don't have that type of CRL window, but I wonder if a couple of carefully placed dabs or dots of silicone caulk could prevent contact and stop the noise?

Gary

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise comes from the awning window glass hitting the outside window from so it can't be permanent, like caulk. Hence the weather stripping. I am going to give it try and report back. Still hoping other owners can chime in.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,074 Posts
Hi Shaun,
Did not explain myself very well.

What I had in mind was, open the window, apply a little dab or two or so of silicone to either the fixed or moving part, let it fully cure with the window still open. The idea is the little bits of silicone make a sort of rubber bumper between the two parts that are hitting each other and making the noise. But, the weather stripping might be a better solution if you can find something that fits well.

Gary

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the CRL awning window in the passenger slider and I find it really shakes/rattles when I close the slider. I have the window closed tightly but it still makes a "glass on metal" sound that worries me, to the point where I am thinking about applying a piece of weather stripping between the metal frame and glass.

Has anyone tried a mod like this? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thanks
Shaun
I have the same problem and look forward to the results of your experiment!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Mine is also doing the same thing, but I was thinking that the noise was coming from the metal frame of the window rattling on the metal door. My plan was to use some UHB double sided sticky tape in between those parts. I'll get a chance to pull the window in a couple of weeks and see if my theory was correct.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up putting two small squares of adhesive weather stripping (1/8" thick foam - 1"x1") stuck to the inside of the awning window glass where it makes contact with the metal window frame. When you close the awning the foam is sandwiched between the glass and the metal. It was a 5 minute job and the problem is now solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts