Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Please see my layout attached and let me know what you think. I recently purchased a white incognito 2500 and it is waiting for me to rip into it.
I plan to live full time in this van for the next 2 to 3 years. My needs are:

- Stealth (inconspicuous solar and heat)
- decent solar (whatever that means)
- Heat via propane (ski bum part time)
- Large Garage - separate from living area (Bike, Camping gear, Snowboard gear, Tools, Propane, etc)
- Small desk/work area
- Fridge
- Hanging closet (unwrinkled work clothes)
- Nice finishes (respectable not hippy, think "comeswithaview instagram")
- Sink with Grey and Fresh plumbing

I will be traveling solo (for the most part)
I Have a national gym membership for showering
I dont mind crapping in a bucket but maybe install a compost in the future.

I also have this "crazy" Idea to use a valve of sorts to route the heat to the garage when I want to dry out wet ski clothes. Is that stupid?

Oh and probably not important but Ill need space for a kayak up top.

Thanks! Please tell me how much my design sucks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I’m sure you will get many suggestions ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I would hope so with so many awesome builds here. Plus I need the motivation. I think I may be a little over ambitious!

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,681 Posts
First thought: Propex is not stealth because of the large vent required. Webasto/Espar are stealth because outside there are only two small hoses under the vehicle.

A "drying room" should not be difficult. Just be sure it has separate outside air inlet and exhaust fan so the moisture is contained and evacuated rather than dispersed to the rest of the van. I envision a Webasto/Espar in the front corner of the garage with Y's on its inlet and outlet ducts and a way to flip between branches. Pay careful attention to maximum allowed distances and elbows. For the inlet ducting, you can get creative because the air is not hot. I used a wood chase with plastic downspout from Lowes to channel my inlet where I wanted it. For the outlet, you must use their heat-tolerant ducting and I'd make that as short as possible to avoid losing heat along the way. Pay attention to air circulation in the two respective areas. Considering the added complexity of the ducting, it might be best to design and build your heating system early in the build process while you have the most options.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I've copied this to the build thread.

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Welcome, the plan looks good for one. You can do this without propane to save both space and money. Think a nice butane stove and a Wabasto heater. The Wabasto will draw its small amount of fuel from the van’s fuel tank. The stove can be mounted like a propane one would. There are even inside rated butane ovens. The canisters are recycled and super cheap. This should be safer and rated for interior unlike the propane tank.

See:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Webasto-Ai...ash=item4d6801a458:g:Xt8AAOSwH2VaFEz1&vxp=mtr

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Asunflower-Portable-Camping-Carrying-Backpacking/dp/B0768V3B61/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1511879303&sr=8-6&keywords=butane+stove+two+burner[/ame]

https://smile.amazon.com/Portable-A...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=AQY4B2QP2VMPM4WGKY2Z

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you. Ive copied your response in the build thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts