Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,071 Posts
In your case MsNomer it was the ceiling IIRC. That one looks a bit like an operating room. Not my style unless I have a gall bladder attack!

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Actually, I’m planning an operating room scene for a Halloween gathering—would never have thought of it without your help.

(Note to the uninitiated: Early in our builds, RD said my ceiling looked sterile—a totally innocent slip that I will never let him live down.)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just discovered that these “Dreamer” Class B motorhomes are one of the many Rápido brands, which also build RoadTrek and Westfalia van products. Unfortunately, the Dreamer line with the front drop-down beds are built on extra high roof vans not presently available in North America. It’d be nice if FCA added the H3 option here.

Also of interest is that these tall Dreamer campers are available in 6-meter (20 feet) lengths. One floorplan is even shorter than that yet offers sleeping for family of 4 without need of a pop-up roof.
607FC96C-E215-4041-9066-0701B9F51936.jpeg

·
Registered
531 Posts
It’d be nice if FCA added the H3 option here.
Agreed. At 6'2" barefoot the roof height was one of the reasons why I didn't go with a Promaster. Once I had a floor and ceiling, and was wearing my riding boots, I'd always have to be slightly bent over.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What do you guys think about their use of RV windows in rear doors?

They look a bit odd, but should be better at controlling heat transfer, can be opened for ventilation, and can have built-in screens and shades. Not sure they’d be legal in US, although that’s not a big concern of mine.
0ACB314F-A2CD-4538-A53F-F130D64B418F.jpeg

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not sure they’d be legal in US, although that’s not a big concern of mine.
In my part of the US I see trucks and vans with missing rear windows, or with home A/C units mounted through them held on with duct tape and drywall screws.

If it was me I would get some gloss black vinyl wrap and surround the window with vinyl to mimic the size of the OEM windows.

·
Registered
643 Posts
has anyone seen the inflatable beds that go over teh front seats:

my brohter owns one and ive played with it. I think its a really good idea but this particular product lacks in execution. If it were made with heavy pvc denier material (rubbery pvc used for drybags) and formed to fit the PM cab well with a relatively high pressure I think you could have a really nice bed system. Most likely I would use the inflatable to create a semi hard platform and then put a comfortable 30" wide camping mattress upon it. Its something ive considered doing myself, the pvc is purchased by the yard and is "weldable" with the right solvent. Perhaps make a model out of some kind of formable material and then use the form as a "manequin".

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
has anyone seen the inflatable beds that go over teh front seats:
.......cut.....
I had not, but had seen the RoadTrek (and others) version that fold so center section can span between seats. These were for older vans, and may not be made for PM.

Concern I’d have is unwanted movement and rocking of bed if supported solely from seat cushions.
D1733F71-A903-4EAF-8420-5AC7DCC87487.jpeg

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
An idea I keep going back to is having four captains’ chairs up front and somehow supporting a bed (or beds) over them that can be installed and removed easily and very quickly. I think it should be doable, but haven’t seen a design I like 100%. An overhead bed against ceiling is certainly easy and quick, but may be too difficult for a DIY van or with medium roof height and without front extension.

Ideas like these as a starting point is what I keep going back to. Goal is to have a front bed like Winnebago Travato 59G but larger and more comfortable.
F63B984D-10AD-4088-A896-4E7CCBE9BE7B.jpeg
371B1990-B9B1-4574-9D87-37011B95D853.jpeg
6CD37828-8FA8-432D-AC66-8B155C77973C.jpeg

·
Registered
88 Posts
An idea I keep going back to is having four captains’ chairs up front and somehow supporting a bed (or beds) over them that can be installed and removed easily and very quickly. I think it should be doable, but haven’t seen a design I like 100%. An overhead bed against ceiling is certainly easy and quick, but may be too difficult for a DIY van or with medium roof height and without front extension.

Ideas like these as a starting point is what I keep going back to. Goal is to have a front bed like Winnebago Travato 59G but larger and more comfortable. View attachment 62079 View attachment 62080 View attachment 62081
You build it and we will all copy (steal?) it.

I thought about it a lot, but decided to go with the Smartbeds evolution R bed instead. I am still thinking about something small to add one more single using just the front seats.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts