Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a creaky suspension from your City? With every bump, small or large, it creaks. The truck is 4 years old with 27k miles on the clock.
Last year, before the warranty ran out, I brought the truck in for a recall and to have the suspension looked at. This dealer couldn't replicate the issue and didn't find anything wrong; nothing was done. As soon as I pulled out of the parking lot, it creaked the same so I don't know how they didn't find that. I'm guessing they didn't even look at it. Move forward about 15 months, I brought the truck in to have another recall work down, this time the cooling fan and to a different and better service center. The dealer noted the creaky suspension and quoted $600 to fix it. I didn't ask them to look at this problem, they just did it. .It's the sway bar end links.
I called FCA to see if they will extend the warranty and nope, they'll help but not fully cover it. Any advice on tactics to get them to fully cover the repair. I think it's ass that they're not stepping up especially since I brought it in while it was under warranty. I should have known not to buy a Fiat but I thought that Fiat got better seeing that folks run this truck all over the world. This is the last FCA product I ever buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I read in another thread that it was the front sway bar links. Mine 2015 has developed this problem with 77,000 miles on it so it will be going to the dealer soon. I will let you know what they find on mine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts