Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I was interested to see the crash test results for the PMC, particularly for the wagon. To my surprise, there hasn't been any crash test data released by the NHTSA or the IIHS, not that I can find anyway. Isn't the NHTSA supposed to test every new or redesigned vehicle ? The PMC is already in its second model year. My gut feeling is that it will not do well, but my gut has been wrong before. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey folks, I was interested to see the crash test results for the PMC, particularly for the wagon. To my surprise, there hasn't been any crash test data released by the NHTSA or the IIHS, not that I can find anyway. Isn't the NHTSA supposed to test every new or redesigned vehicle ? The PMC is already in its second model year. My gut feeling is that it will not do well, but my gut has been wrong before. Any thoughts?
I just went out to my rpmcw and brought in the window sticker,and your right.It hasn't been done.I never noticed that before.Now I have to wonder why they were never tested.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I thought that the NHTSA and IIHS test all new or redesigned passenger cars. PMC's may not be a passenger car, and are exempt from mandatory testing.

I remember years ago that the PT Cruiser had a fold flat rear seat and a hatch, which helped it qualify as a truck instead of a car. With the PT Cruiser part of the 'truck' lineup, it bumped up the average MPG rating of the brand to meet CARB standards of that era.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a buddy who loved his PT Cruiser. He said that PT stood for Polish Truck. He hauled bike parts in his all over the east coast.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Just look on Ebay for PM parts. You'll see lots of "Crash" result pics. You can make your own determination :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Might find some Euro NCAP testing on the Fiat Doblo, since its sold as a full passenger vehicle there.
Considering how far inboard the seats are the offset NHTSA test that almost every car ever fails at the PMC might be decent at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts