Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got see one in person today. :D

But, very shocked at how close they placed the bulkhead to the drivers seat. It's tight against the UPRIGHT seat back. :mad:

Like sitting in a airplane seat, prepared for landing. Seat backs upright and trays folded. YUK

Who wants to be miserable all day driving around feeling like you're in a cramped airplane.

I will definitely be throwing the bulkhead in the trash and building in new one from plywood spaced back at least 6 inches. I sure hope that seat back reclines a little. I forgot to see if the adjustment was there.

The seat design is nice for my tall and skinny body. But maybe not so good for the typical 250 lb guy. I'm surprised Dodge didn't flex more of its weight, and make the Italians design a better seat for us fat Americans.

·
Registered
110 Posts
So are you saying that there is very little room to recline the seat? You are basically sitting completely upright no matter what?

Do you think that it will be hard to build a new bulkhead?

It isn't enough to make you buy something other than the promaster?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So are you saying that there is very little room to recline the seat? You are basically sitting completely upright no matter what?

Do you think that it will be hard to build a new bulkhead?

It isn't enough to make you buy something other than the promaster?
The seat back is vertical. The same nightmare you see when entering a plane. There is zero room to recline. It was slammed tight against the wall, straight up. Unless you're short, you won't be sliding the seat forward to get 2 inches of reclining.

Not really interested in paying MB prices or their high service rates. I like the front wheel drive design.

For me, it's easy to modify or build a bulkhead. I would think if you're a tradesman, the same applies. I'm am engineer, so I might be even CAD it up first. I noticed Sprinter offers the 3D model files to engineers. I'd love to get the 3D files for the Promaster.

·
Registered
100 Posts
well sitting upright can be good especially if it's comfortable and positioned in a way it's good for your back. i'll have to sit in a promaster for myself to see what it's like once my dealer gets one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I test drove the same pm and I thought the seats were comfy. It reclined but there wasn't a divider in it. I'm 5'9" and it fit me perfect. Just wish it had tilt

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know a lot has been said of the drivers area, and I never found any of the vans I drove great for driver ergonomics. In my work field I generally keep travelling to 1/10 or less of my total time per day so I probably care a lot less about that than say a delivery person.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Have Had Mine For Three Day And 600 MIles And The Comfort Is Good With Out A Bulk Head. With Some Design You Can Build A BulkHead That Conforms around The Recline Of The seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts