Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just am in the process of installing my T-vent CRL window on my passenger sliding door.

With the hole cut, my window fits in nicely (I think), as when it's inserted and pushed against the van wall the rubber window gasket is against the van skin all the way around. Additionally, from the inside there is between 1 and 3mm of rubber showing inside of the cut van skin, and thus I know the window is in as far as it can be.

I haven't used the mounting ring to 'suck in' the window yet, but pushing on the window to mimic the mounting ring this is my question: Is it normal for the window to stick out quite a bit? For some reason I had the idea of it being more flush, perhaps that the rubber seal gasket would be thinner or something. As long as the rubber is against the van skin all the way around, I'm ready to screw down the clamp/mounting ring correct?

If anyone has a close-up image of their CRL T-vent (or non T) mounted on their sliding door, it would be really helpful to see a close side profile so I can see how much relief the window has off the door. By the way-the bottom of the window with the T opening lines up well side to side, I saw some posts about this but it looks like mine is fine.

Appreciate any help.

Kipp

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,501 Posts
Kipp,

I think it was forum member "jostalli" who had some pictures posted, but it look like he had them on a website where they started charging and the pics are no longer there.... perhaps jostalli will jump in about the mis-alignment.

...just went outside and did a measurement. The space between the sheet metal and the window glass is three quarters wide.... not 3/4" but three US 25 cent coins.

Mine isn't a vent window, just fixed. It's a factory window on mine, but the spacing is the same as the spacing of all the CRL windows I installed - this was just the easier to picture and "measure"

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kipp,

Mine isn't a vent window, just fixed. It's a factory window on mine, but the spacing is the same as the spacing of all the CRL windows I installed - this was just the easier to picture and "measure"
Thanks, very helpful image.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My windows were the same. I have thought about adding some foam rubber weatherstripping between the glass and the van to fill the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I started putting the screws in with a ratchet #2 phillips, but after getting close to stripping a few I worked with the drill and found the correct clutch setting. Sucked it in nicely and the window looks great! I'll do drivers side this weekend and then put up some photos :).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you guys use any extra sealant other than the supplies rubber gasket? Getting ready to install a t-vent CRL on my passenger slider!

·
Registered
489 Posts
If anyone has a close-up image of their CRL T-vent (or non T) mounted on their sliding door, it would be really helpful to see a close side profile so I can see how much relief the window has off the door. By the way-the bottom of the window with the T opening lines up well side to side, I saw some posts about this but it looks like mine is fine.

Appreciate any help.

Kipp
Here are photos of mine. I agree it could be a bit more flush at the top and bottom, but after 6 months I've had no issues, except one. I added a small rubber piece of weather stripping between the awning glass and metal frame as it used to make a loud rattle sound when I slammed the slider door shut.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts