Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I might drag my feet less if I made a 'public declaration' of my build and provided something tangible (pics).

I got inspiration from a few of you who responded to a thread I posted a few days ago -- common denominator of the responses: "Stop being afraid to do something!"

Well, I've taken the advice to heart. Decided to cover the walls with some nice plywood -- thin (flexible) maple of birch plywood, rather than some exotic, super-light colored, anodized aluminum (which I would probably never do).

But that's next. These are 'before' photos.

It doesn't look like much yet, but you can kind of see I've insulated all the walls and ceiling, and sprayed Great Stuff inside the bracings/beams, but not done with that yet. I'll also add thinner strips over the bracings.

You can see in one photo, I'm thinking about how to get that battery in the background mounted where the passenger seat used to be. Ok, that's my dog thinking about it.
It's pretty dirty on the outside. The van that is (the dog's clean;)).

More later

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
That van just doesn’t show dirt! I love the color. You are doing well. You might consider fitting those batteries up against the bulkhead as MsNomer did and not where that seat is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really like the Sandstone too (it'll look good in the desert, I think!).

Probably right about the battery. I'm definitely not married to having it where the seat was. Just not sure what to do with that space. Removing that seat really opened it up inside. I've even thought of a cabinet with sink there. My fridge is too tall. Oh well, it won't go to waste.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts