Ram Promaster Forum banner

381 - 400 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
We just got back to NH from a mad dash across the country from AZ. We did it in 4 days (three nights) and used truck stops for all our needs. Thematically this was the Truckstop trip! Averaged over 700 miles per day, no issues and diesel was cheap but a lot more than gas for about the first time since we have owned the van. We spent about $100 less than normal even with that. More will follow on the diesel thread later.
View attachment 63087
Glad your Truckstop Trip went well & you got back to NH safe 👍

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The Restart Plan in BC

So here is the current plan for British Columbia;

& There it is;

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Now we just need to get the border open so all us USers can invade your parks :)

Gary
Yes 😁

I will meet you in Banff to celebrate the reopening of the border - You bring the beer - just not this one;

Border reopen specs from BC (This confuses me as it is not a provincial jurisdiction)?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
We just got back to NH from a mad dash across the country from AZ. We did it in 4 days (three nights) and used truck stops for all our needs. Thematically this was the Truckstop trip! Averaged over 700 miles per day, no issues and diesel was cheap but a lot more than gas for about the first time since we have owned the van. We spent about $100 less than normal even with that. More will follow on the diesel thread later.
View attachment 63087
Did you stop at any interstate rest areas and were any of the restrooms open?

·
Registered
212 Posts
This site tries to give more realistic U.S. data and provides the logic behind the graphs/tables presented. The active case graph shows that active cases are being overstated by a lot due to less urgency (??) to seek the final outcome of people who have tested positive but were never admitted to the hospital (+90% of cases). This shows a good trend, additionally they have a couple of critical graphs for every state. This is updated daily.

Coronavirus Bell Curve | Daily COVID-19 Statistics for the United States

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Left SW Florida on May 15 and arrived in CT on May 17.

Our route was I-75 to I-95 via a few other roads in central Florida, then up to Scranton PA and then into CT via I-84.

Gas was plentiful and cheap.

The roads were nearly empty.

The hotels were half full.

We did pass one road block at the Florida boarder--it was I-95 south bound headed into Florida. The traffic was backed up around 6 miles--don't go into Florida this way if you can avoid it.

The bug screen was essential; it's now loaded with love bugs and the van is plastered with them.

Now for more quarantine in CT!!

Mike

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Thanks Ed,

Another friend also drove up from SW Florida to Wisconsin over the same weekend with a similar experience. He also said the Love Bugs were really bad; his radiator got clogged up with them.

I'm hoping that news like this is encouraging to others that are planning the same trip back up north.

Mike

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #395 (Edited)
@ McNeill78 - That's good to hear you were able to get what you needed the whole way.

@ Melmike - Good news that your S to N X-country trip went well, especially going up through NJ & NY and into CT that were all hit so hard. One of my sisters lives in NJ and is staying hunkered down for now, partly because my BIL is in stage-4 cancer treatment and at high risk.

Hearing of the border checks it looks like it was a good thing I visited Florida & the Keys back in January. Not only did I beat the virus (and the annual love-bug-fest) but Key West, like so many places, is really struggling now. Since this is getting into the off-season for them (heat of summer) it could be a long time til they get any crowds down there to keep what's left afloat.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now we just need to get the border open so all us USers can invade your parks :)

Gary
Just read this morning that the border will remain closed for at least another 30 days for non essential travel. Really hoping to take a trip up to Muncho PV later this summer. I'll bet there will be a lot of other folks from the US with similar ideas.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Good point -- I wonder if there will be a lot cross border traffic because the border is finally open, or less because people are being cautious?

One factor is that a lot of the traffic to places like Banff comes from Asia and Europe and I suspect this will be slow to start up again.

Gary

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Hi,
Governor Bullock just announced that Yellowstone Park MT entrances are "on track" to open by June 1. Wyoming entrances opened yesterday. Currently there is no lodging or camping inside the park, and only the southern park roads are open. I'm guessing most of the park roads will be opened on June 1.
The Bear Tooth highway is "on schedule" to open Memorial Day - which is the normal opening date.

No word yet on Glacier Park, but some kind decision expected soon.

They will also on June 1 eliminate the requirement for anyone entering MT has to quarantine for 14 day. The quarantine made it near impossible to visit MT.

Gary

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
There are many things in BC that do not make any sense to me on the reopen;

This past May long weekend we were urged to stay home & avoid non-essential travel to stop the spread. In the same news blurb “Schools“ are reopening June 1st.

There are many things like the above example that do not make sense to me.

381 - 400 of 412 Posts