Ram Promaster Forum banner

221 - 240 of 421 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,061 Posts
I went to Sam's this morning. Not many people but no shortage of anything other than TP, paper towels and frozen veggies. Lots of fresh meat and veggies plus bread. Gas was way overpriced at $2.129 so I got it down the street at $1.979 less my 5% Sams Club CC discount, of course.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
And now I hear gas is under $1 CAD a liter a few places here in BC (Vancouver & Nanaimo). I can't remember the last time it was less than a dollar. But I still remember it was $0.25/gal when I got my first jeep at 16, a 1948 Willys. Yep, long-term memory still works.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #230
Yeah, it's frustrating that it's so cheap and we can't take advantage of it. Of course part of why it's so low is lack of demand. Read about a town in KY that's selling it for under a dollar and there's still no one buying.

Had seen on Gas Buddy how cheap it was in Spartanburg, SC two days ago. Today I ran down there to pick up some food, etc at Costco and actually filled up for that $1.29/gal.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
China is pretty much virus free after 90 days not 14 days. Here's a story about China's response to covid.

·
Registered
2018 159"
22 Posts
Yesterday,,,By Air, Land, or Sea

If you are coming back to Canada in your Van,,,

View attachment 62093
Here's our situation,
We have decided to return to Australia as we are expecting our first in July and though we are residents of Canada, feel an overwhelming need to return to family. There must be a part of our brain that is Pigeon...
We both dearly love North America but, now is not the time to be living in a van and, trying to find permanent housing in the current environment is simply not possible.

Not 1 hour after securing flights (that may or may not happen) the Australian government announced that all international travellers will be quarantined for 14 days in the state they arrive in, regardless of their destination. The government will provide food and accommodation for the traveller. At the moment, our home state (which is not where we will first land) also has a mandatory quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. This is a home quarantine though that will be policed by local law enforcement and/or military.
Whilst these measures seem extreme, I think that they are necessary. Anytime I think otherwise, I look at Lombardy, Italy. Ignoring the issue (I'm looking at you USA) will not help.
Will we enjoy 28 days of quarantine? No but, at least we won't have to queue for toilet paper.
I will keep reading this fantastic forum during quarantine and dream of when we will return.
All the best to all of you. Stay healthy.

Dave

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Here's our situation,
We have decided to return to Australia as we are expecting our first in July and though we are residents of Canada, feel an overwhelming need to return to family. There must be a part of our brain that is Pigeon...
We both dearly love North America but, now is not the time to be living in a van and, trying to find permanent housing in the current environment is simply not possible.

Not 1 hour after securing flights (that may or may not happen) the Australian government announced that all international travellers will be quarantined for 14 days in the state they arrive in, regardless of their destination. The government will provide food and accommodation for the traveller. At the moment, our home state (which is not where we will first land) also has a mandatory quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. This is a home quarantine though that will be policed by local law enforcement and/or military.
Whilst these measures seem extreme, I think that they are necessary. Anytime I think otherwise, I look at Lombardy, Italy. Ignoring the issue (I'm looking at you USA) will not help.
Will we enjoy 28 days of quarantine? No but, at least we won't have to queue for toilet paper.
I will keep reading this fantastic forum during quarantine and dream of when we will return.
All the best to all of you. Stay healthy.

Dave
Davo

Much has changed in a very short time & I also think it is necessary. If the reports from China are accurate, then the key to saving lives is lowering the curve of this “slippery” virus. If our governments placed a 14 day plus 14 day quarantine @ the borders right away (hindsight) we all would be in a better position than now. Regardless, wherever we are, collectively if each of us do our part in fighting this virus the outcome will be better.

As a kid, the Biggest World Events I have been alive for “Man on the Moon” & the Vietnam War,,,IMO this is the Biggest. Extreme times require Extreme measures.

All the best to You & Your Loved Ones.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hays county TX has a curfew from 11pm to 4am I believe it is to stop the Bernie Madoff types from loitering around financial institutions.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Actually I have two respirators with P100 filters.

We had our first hike today after hunkering down. Reserved and paid by phone for site at local state park. Normally, we hike in the afternoon, shower at the campground, spend the night and come home the next morning. This time, we showered and ate an early dinner at home, then went to the park and spent the night. Hiked in the morning, came home to shower. We hardly came within shouting distance of another human and didn’t touch any surface that was not ours, not even a picnic table.

We ate dinner at home because we didn’t want to use the microwave and didn’t want to cook outside on the table that someone else may have just used. We didn’t want to use the microwave because we were testing the ability of the batteries to handle the Engel in freezer mode—it has been enlisted to supplement our small home freezer. We got a bit concerned when the sun never showed itself this morning, but the batteries never dipped below 80% charge. We did OK with an ice chest, but it will certainly be nice to have our fridge back. It was certainly great to get out and stretch our legs.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
China is pretty much virus free after 90 days not 14 days. Here's a story about China's response to covid.
Thanks KilWerBzz

I believe the more we do to prevent the spread the better off we all are & it gives our health care systems a fighting chance to help us.

That being said, I have been reading a lot on the internet with a very skeptic pair of eyes since before this thread started. I believe it is important to read these numbers as numbers “reported”. I am starting to question the zero “reported” at this point out of China along with “light” numbers out of other countries around the world. There seems to be some reasonable correlation of reported/test kits avaliable/wealth of countries/health care systems in place/etc.

I would like to believe China has kicked the virus, however in my mind I keep telling myself these are reported numbers not actual.

221 - 240 of 421 Posts