Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Costco today to get the PM's tires rotated and balanced. They said it was too big/tall for their bays/lifts and they are not allowed to use floor jacks. Any similar/different experiences with Costco tire shops?

BTW, I had no problems getting it done at our local mom and pop tire store. They only use floor jacks. They let me stay in the van and brought the credit card machine to my window. Yep, COVID times are weird.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Hey SteveSS

I typically shop around when buying tires & have found WILLE to have good pricing (Jeeps & 1500 Trucks). I do not need new tires yet on my PM, but they did a 1 year review (I always get a dealer to perform that on new vehicles), & they rotated the tires then. Might be worth considering them for rotations or new tires when it comes time

Although we shop @ Costco a fair bit, but I have not purchased tires there. Yes the Covid has presented some strange times & I think it will be our new normal for awhile.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
The Costco tire shops are very fussy about many things -- it feels like they are run by the Costco legal department in a very defensive way. I've seen a number of people leave their shop in a huff because Costco won't do something for them.

Our Costco tire shop is also so busy that my neighbor was told he would have to wait 2 weeks for the "free" tire puncture fix under the tire warranty.

Gary

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Thanks for that Gary

I have been to our (SteveSS & My) Costco tire shop & priced out tires. Although I did not buy from them, what you described above “tire shop run by the legal department” I totally picked up. Very rigid, organized, & procedural. Kinda like it is their way, then the highway 😁

·
Super Moderator
8,678 Posts
Yes, Sam’s club is better for tires, batteries, etc but they pulled out of Trudeaulandia I believe.🙀

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it feels like they are run by the Costco legal department in a very defensive way.
The employee that helped me said as much. He was very apologetic and frustrated with it as well. Over the phone, they had quoted me $25 (total!) for a 5-tire rotate and balance. I paid $60 at my normal tire shop. I also got to watched them and know they did it right. Much happier crew there too. I've scratched Costco off my list for future PM tires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts