Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for suggestions on how to fill the gaps without it looking stupid. Obviously I went for a distressed wood interior, but I'm considering some sort of fabric..

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Something light colored and smooth to give some eye relief from the wood.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
Yes, Josh is right-on. Even if the cabinets are very shallow. Because of the care you've taken to get complete coverage, fabric would look like a cop-out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have cabinets on the other side and want to keep this side open for head room though

·
Registered
64 Posts
You could do cabinets on the sides. The very back I dont really think it looks that terrible.

But people seem to either cut their 1/8 board to kind of fill in that area or use fabric like speaker cabinet fabric or Hulliner

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,556 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I have cabinets on the other side and want to keep this side open for head room though
So the cabinets on this side are 6" deep. Looks like the other side. Holds small stuff. No head banging. Somebody else--don't remember who--put really shallow cabinets there and it seriously made the van look bigger, because the eye sees cabinets and the mind wants to assume they are regular depth.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,547 Posts
These are 6 or 7" cabinets.... shallow but useful storage for lots of items. The cabinet over the slider is really small, but the others are used for electronics stuff, clothes, kitchen items. etc. The cabinets behind the sliding doors are an inch wider for towels, bathroom stuff, first aid, etc.

They were my solution for storage and to cover the hard-to-cover corners. No heads banged yet!

You can see the depth here.... with your walls done, adding cabinets would be easy

ps. I like the look of the wood you used!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! I just filled that section with a few more rows, I don't want to do cabinets because the bed is really high and I can barely get in to begin with without getting injured. I have a ton of lacerations and bruises already.

These are the cabinets I used for the other side. Home depot variety

I'm still wondering about the back wall, considering getting a PA or USA flag and covering the metal but letting the light shine through

1 - 10 of 10 Posts