Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is problem but, my cooling fan keeps cycling on/off and the ambient temperature is only say 75 degrees? My Transit Connects cooling fan would only activate when temperature was above 90 degrees and only briefly when the vehicle was idling for long periods. Any thoughts/theories?:|

·
Registered
253 Posts
Not sure if this is problem but, my cooling fan keeps cycling on/off and the ambient temperature is only say 75 degrees? My Transit Connects cooling fan would only activate when temperature was above 90 degrees and only briefly when the vehicle was idling for long periods. Any thoughts/theories?:|
In my experience with the gasser, this is entirely normal for the PM. I've noticed my cooling fan running when its barely above freezing outside. It does it especially often when it sits idling for more than a minute or two. They seem to have the parameters for temperature control set very tight. Below freezing too far and it stays on high idle. Above freezing the cooling fan kicks in. Unusual, but I don't think it's a problem of any kind.

·
Registered
963 Posts
In older cars, the cooling fan is always on when the A/C is on. I see you are in Texas, so I assume you might be using the A/C occasionally. I would take a guess that the computer in the PM is more sophisticated, and probably calls up the cooling fan only when it's needed, but the use of A/C would probably cause the fan to come on more often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts