Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My low-mileage 2016 PMC's fan died last night, and searching for replacement instructions, I found several threads here detailing other PMC owners' issues with the cooling fan. I was looking up warranty details (my fan is still covered fortunately,) and I discovered that FCA has just rolled out a Customer Satisfaction Notification recall for this very issue. The service writer at my local dealer hadn't heard about it yet, but he told me that he's seen dozens of these failures. I got the last fan in my deal's shop, but I don't think the shortages of a few years ago are a problem any more.

To see if your vehicle is included, go to Mopar's website and plug in you VIN, or call your local dealership. If you've already had your fan replaced prior to the recall, you can submit a reimbursement request at www.fcarecallreimbursement.com.

·
Registered
43 Posts
On that web page the pdf link to the campaign V54 goes to a "page not found".
Does anyone have a copy of the V54 description?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On that web page the pdf link to the campaign V54 goes to a "page not found".
Does anyone have a copy of the V54 description?
Yeah, I got the same message. I'll try to get more details when I go to pick up my van tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I mentioned this at my dealership last week after reading the OP post. This recall was just listed very recently at least here in Canada. The service manager pulled it up and basically it says cooling fan is to be inspected and replaced if found to be defective. Inspecting consists of inspecting for any play, slop, or wobble in the the fan blade assembly. Mine was fine so no further action required at this time. I can monitor it myself by checking periodically and if it gets loosey-goosey they will replace then.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Here in Canada I called the dealer for my 2016 - 2500 and they said there was no recall for this particular model based on the serial number.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got my recall notice. Went online to file for reimbursement. 62,589 miles when replaced. Purchased the fan from one dealer (only one in PA that had one but didn't have time to install) and had it installed by another. Hope this doesn't screw things up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just returned from a visit to the dealer regarding the cooling fan recall.
I expected to be drawn along with the inspection procedure yadda yadda, but they replaced the entire fan assembly =)
Quite happy over here. Temp guage always resides close to the halfway point, but last week she was starting to smell hot. Like imminent failure hot. I suppose my morning commute being before sunrise may have delayed what was in the cards for the fan etc...
Yay for recall. If you haven't checked if your vehicle is part of the campaign, I advise you to do so.
Cheers

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just returned from a visit to the dealer regarding the cooling fan recall.
I expected to be drawn along with the inspection procedure yadda yadda, but they replaced the entire fan assembly =)
Quite happy over here. Temp guage always resides close to the halfway point, but last week she was starting to smell hot. Like imminent failure hot. I suppose my morning commute being before sunrise may have delayed what was in the cards for the fan etc...
Yay for recall. If you haven't checked if your vehicle is part of the campaign, I advise you to do so.
Cheers
Sounds like you had a decent experience with the service department at your dealer. Unfortunately for me, I have attempted to contact two dealers now. The first one initially did not return my call until after trying three times to find out they don't service the PMC. I am currently on the second voicemail with the second dealer.....sigh... Seems to me there is a disconnect between the urgency behind a manufacturer recall and the needs of the dealership.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got an email from FCA today stating that they approved my reimbursement for the full amount I requested. I should receive the check in about 30 days.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts