Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Ram Promaster Forum,

I and my brother got together and started a removal service 3 years ago with our little rusty old Ford Transit van. Since then we have not got adds all over the places, many referrals and business are going really well. The only thing now is getting a new van. Everything we do is professional from our business cards to how we address people and problem solve but turning up to the job in a rusty Ford just isn’t cutting it anymore.

So, I have been looking into getting the new 2017 Promaster Ram Cargo Van and coming in at just under $40,000 it seems like a good move to make. What I would like to know from you guys, what are your personal experiences with the van? Does it drive nice? Is there anything prone to going wrong? Is there anything you personally don’t like about the van? And pretty much anything else you guys can tell me about the van.

SPECS:

Make: RAM

Model: Promaster Cargo Van

Year: 2017

Engine: 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT Engine

Capacity: 462.8 cubic feet

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting your thoughts and opinions on the Van.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
It’s a joy to drive, easy to turn, easy to see out of with a side and rear windows, good power and stable on the highway. It is a big tin can so it is noisy inside, Heat, AC and fresh air are good. The ride is like a nice truck, not bad at all. Reliability is very good. Dealer service and parts are slow. You will really like it. It is huge inside!

·
Registered
437 Posts
+++ what RD & MsN say ^
Would add relatively low floor height for use of loading things.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Did your Transit Connect get Rusty? I had my 2012 till this Promaster caught my eye in late 014.
But never got rust.. and I'm glad I made the switch. More room. More power.. all good.
So, what is it that you 'remove'?
Im curious, as I like to quit driving the hotel shuttle and make my own hours.
Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Great cargo van

You can load pallets from the side as well as the back. It will haul almost two tons.
Nice tie down rings on the floor. I bought mine with the composite wood floor but you could build a better floor. I liked the floor but I mostly want a camper and I covered the floor with vinyl garage floor cover and a Persian rug on top of that. Decent mpg too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad I came here first you guys have just made me want it even more! and he mods some of you guys have done gave me a few ideas that i could do to mine. I think it's time for a test drive and see what the handling is all about, I will be back soon with the outcome.

Thnaks for the replies

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mine is just like that one. Had it almost two years now. Still loving it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Removal of what? I've never heard the term removal service. If you are going to throw debris in it the walls dent easy from the inside out.

·
Registered
2015 diesel 2500
213 Posts
Shop around for the lowest price. I bought my DIESEL 2015 159wb hightop for $6500 off MSRP for $35,500 before tax. Drives like a large minivan. Seats are comfortable and handles like a champ in the snow. Try it, you'll like it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I removed pretty much anything that will fit in the van from old couches, Fridges, the content of sheds all sorts of different things, we have had a few jobs where more space is needed and therefor had to complete more journeys to finish the job etc. i have been shopping around for a while now and they do vary in price quite a bit and out of the three I have test driven they all feel a little different but very nice I must admit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Ram Promaster Forum,

I and my brother got together and started a removal service 3 years ago with our little rusty old Ford Transit van. Since then we have not got adds all over the places, many referrals and business are going really well. The only thing now is getting a new van. Everything we do is professional from our business cards to how we address people and problem solve but turning up to the job in a rusty Ford just isn’t cutting it anymore.

So, I have been looking into getting the new 2017 Promaster Ram Cargo Van and coming in at just under $40,000 it seems like a good move to make. What I would like to know from you guys, what are your personal experiences with the van? Does it drive nice? Is there anything prone to going wrong? Is there anything you personally don’t like about the van? And pretty much anything else you guys can tell me about the van.

SPECS:

Make: RAM

Model: Promaster Cargo Van

Year: 2017

Engine: 3.6L V6 24-valve VVT Engine

Capacity: 462.8 cubic feet

Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and getting your thoughts and opinions on the Van.

Thanks
Today is the day where I go to purchase my van and I'm really looking forward to it I will be straight on here when I get home uploading some pictures!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts