Ram Promaster Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3500 159wb extended
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Electrical wiring Cable Gadget Wire Electrical supply

I have been working on converting the built in courtesy lights to LED 23mm bolt lights. The problem if you hook it directly to the courtesy light wires is they never turned completely off and glow very dimly when shut off. The solution is to add a 1k ohm 3 watt resistor in parallel. As shown in the photo. Wired like the photo above the LED courtesy light will turn on when the door is open or closed and then after a short time out dim and then turn completely off. It should be possible to add a single pole double throw switch to replicate the standard function of the courtesy light. Switch One Direction and light would always be on until time out. Switch the other direction and light will function when doors open and close. Switch in the off position and light will never work.

·
Premium Member
2018 159 High Roof gas, BC, Canada
1,699 Posts
Thanks for this. I would have never figured that out.

I've been thinking of adding a spare LED puck light or two to the interior door-controlled lights. e.g. light the area near the sliders if I ever open one of them. I'm not sure if this is a fully-baked idea though. I'm wondering if there's ever a situation where I'd want to open a slider at night and have not have a light on (maybe to not bother nearby people or overly signal my presence).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts