Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had to unhook my battery so I could connect the wiring for the trailer wiring harness the other day. Now my average mpg always reads 4.7 no matter how much I reset it and the A,B trip odometers. Any suggestions? Don't want to go to the stealer again.

·
Registered
2016 136WB low roof diesel, converted to an RV by Sportsmobile, TX
409 Posts
I've had this a couple of times, and posted about it here. There is a technical service buliten for it, but it specifies a range of VINs and if you aren't in that range the dealerships won't do anything for you. I would suggest searching the forum, finding the TSB, and seeing if you are in that range - if so, they will reflash your dash and you should be set. If you are out of that range, I'd still file a complaint so that perhaps one day they will recognize that they problem is more widespread than they think. Then, disconnect your battery again, wait 15 minutes, reconnect, and see if that fixed it. If not, repeat until it does.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,438 Posts
Did you unhook the trailer wiring harness? There is a recall for trailer brake control module does your's have the updated version? Just some dealer stab in the dark fixes here.
So I had to unhook my battery so I could connect the wiring for the trailer wiring harness the other day. Now my average mpg always reads 4.7 no matter how much I reset it and the A,B trip odometers. Any suggestions? Don't want to go to the stealer again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My trailer wiring was for lights only, no brake control here. After looking at the other threads I guess the only thing I can try again is disconnect the battery again. Was working flawlessly before I unhooked it the first time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts