Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! We're beginning to look for a replacement for our Vanagon Westy, a bigger van to build out as a camper conversion. The plan was always to get a Sprinter but the arrival of the Transit and the Promaster encourages us to think about those as well. Joined up here to get as much info as I can for the decision making process.

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Welcome. I was in the same boat as you doing research. I'm eventually going to go with a promaster for a few reasons: The van width (it's wider than all others), FWD (better handling and lower body compared to a sprinter or transit), price (it's cheaper than the rest).

there is a lot of great info and members on this board. Good luck with the build.

·
Premium Member
8,827 Posts
I had a Westy for years, it was a last year of the air cooled van with the ice box and no gas. We have great memories camping in that van. Our 136” high top Promaster with diesel reminds us of it a lot, but modern with heat, power, size, quiet, and better fuel mileage! It is a logical move. You will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts